Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

got by our first State Playoff basketball game... and motorcycles..

February 28, 2023 08:14PM
and pretty easily... our opponent was not that good. That happens in these tournaments because their algorithm for placing the schools into divisions then seeding them is terrible. Lot of mismatches.

Next game should be much tougher... we were are 6th and we're playing the #2. Ripon, Calif. Bet almost none of you have heard it, right? laughing smiley

The only way I know Ripon is from reading the sign for it as I pass through on Hwy 99. I doubt if I've ever stopped there. It's about 120 miles north of me.

Motorcycles.... thought I'd just add this to my basketball post... easier than starting another. laughing smiley

In the beginning stages of planning another motorcycle trip. At first I was thinking Dodge City, Kansas. Never been there and would love too. On the way see Durango, Colorado (been there)...and coming home visit Roswell, New Mexico and check out the Aliens.... then Carlsbad Caverns. (Been to Carlsbad but when I was 7).

Nice trip, don't you think? BUT... my son is coming home from England this summer and he said he's interested. He's currently in southern Spain riding motorcycles on some kind of week long motorcycle get together where they ride a different bike every day to test them out.

However... Dodge city is probably too long a trip for him because he only has a month to visit. I'm coming to my point... trust me. laughing smiley

I started doing research for a shorter trip. It dawned on me... Hells Canyon in NE Oregon... supposedly one of the best motorcycle rides in the USA. Then I checked on bike rentals in Eugene, Oregon (My son has to go there for some DMV chores since he's still an Oregon resident). While looking at the bikes you can rent... mostly Harley's.... I stumbled on something fascinating.

You can rent a Piaggio 250!

That's right, a scooter. My son and I LOVE Scooters.... so NOW I'm thinking.... leave my BMW 1150 at home and rent one myself. Both of us on Piaggio's riding through Oregon. Both of us ITALIAN guys riding through Oregon on Piaggio's. pack a change of clothes, a sleeping bag, a few bottles of red wine (not while riding)... and ride off into the elements without a care in the world.

Now if I didn't make that sound enticing to you guys.... you've lost your soul. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

got by our first State Playoff basketball game... and motorcycles..

JamesJM102February 28, 2023 08:14PM

small consolation.......

21Dog64March 01, 2023 05:28AM

Back in the day Kirkwood was my favorite place to ski...

JamesJM88March 01, 2023 06:09AM