Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I used mine....

January 31, 2023 08:19AM
NASCAR. Loved it BUT... it was also the most frustrating thing I've ever done. I wanted to race... they don't allow that.

Even passing is by 'permission only'. On the warm up laps I didn't know what to expect.... would the car actually be fast? Well, it sort of was. Faster than the typical passenger car, by a lot... but fast? Nah, not really. They warned us and warned us about making sure to brake going into the turns, (This was at Phoenix).... that if you spun out you were done.... they'd red flag you.

When I got the green I floored it, (of course), and was on the car ahead me instantly... slow poke. But couldn't pass him until they called me on my headset to give me the go ahead... FRUSTRATING.... had to follow him for about 3 laps and was getting PISSED. Finally they gave me the go around call and I went around him.... only to discover....

That while every other driver out there with me that day, (8 of us), was braking in the turns you didn't need too. They set the cars up, with a governor, so you did not have to back off at all, keep it floored, and get around the turns.... which I did.... BUT... it meant I caught all the other cars quickly and had to wait until they told me I could pass.

I did get somewhat lucky, however. The first session was 8 cars but my family had bought me an extended session, (more laps), so only 3 of us were in the 2nd session.... and since I was by far the fastest on the track they allowed me to lead the way so I didn't get stuck behind the others.

So it was fun but I wouldn't do it again. Zero challenge.

I did a little race car driving in my youth... but that's a story for another day. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Haas F1 Team Reveals 2023 Formula 1 Livery

SeattleRam88January 31, 2023 07:35AM

Dang that looks like fun...

sstrams39January 31, 2023 07:48AM

I used mine....

JamesJM43January 31, 2023 08:19AM

Man that WOULD be frustrating...

sstrams40January 31, 2023 09:35AM

I hated that governor with a passion...

JamesJM44January 31, 2023 11:50AM

Yeah, that might be the way to go..