Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did I tell you about the time..

January 18, 2023 09:08AM
I took my wife to work at 6am because her car was in the shop.. it started snowing as I was driving home.. As I'm pulling into the driveway, I notice the garage door isn't opening as I'm hitting the button.. I keep pushing, but no luck.. i then realize the entire street is dark.. obviously a power outage, so no wonder the garage door didn't open..

Then I realize I have NO other way into the house! Front screen door was locked and didn't have a key with me.. I took the garbage bin, put it next to the back yard privacy fence, climbed over in total darkness, then realized my key didn't open the back door.. Its cold as hell, so go back in the truck where its warm - no jacket, gloves, nothing.. I figure I'll just wait until the power comes back on.. it didn't..

I made a snap decision, picked up a brick and smashed the smallest window in the house - which happened to be 5 feet high and directly over a toilet.. I hafta climb over and go head first down right onto the toilet - luckily not IN the toilet.. I duct tape plastic over the window and go back to bed with the dogs to keep warm.. eventually the power came on - about 10 minutes after breaking the window.. I call a window repair friend, who is a drummer, and he fixed it for free..

I did hook him up with ten pairs of Vic Firth drumsticks, tho.. So, he came out pretty well.. lol

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Having a temper can be expensive..

sstrams104January 18, 2023 07:30AM

Had a similar problem...

JamesJM45January 18, 2023 08:33AM

Did I tell you about the time..

sstrams50January 18, 2023 09:08AM

Re: Did I tell you about the time..

MamaRAMa48January 18, 2023 10:42AM

No doubt, right?

sstrams39January 18, 2023 10:55AM

HERE is how SST "fixes" a door!! Attachments