Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout game 17 ... seahawks.

January 09, 2023 02:25PM
So ... the end of this game was something the refs will Im sure have to defend ... but the stop on the 2 yard line with 1st down holding to a field goal was worth it ...

This is the time of the great rumor mill so I'll address a few things there ... including why I don't listen to anyone this time of year, even the people themselves (much less those "close" to them)

The Great

1) Jalen Ramsey. Had an up and down year, frustrating for everyone ... and he just flat out balled. The tackle was as impressive as the INTs ... but it was really a great reminder.

2) The acquisition of Bobby Wagner. This is also big picture, but it's really important. He can run Morris' D, so if he sticks around? I'm happy going into next year knowing we don't need too many pieces to run a frustrating defense.

3) Akers 3 games in a row over 100 yards ... first time since Gurley.

4) Hoecht still getting good looks and pressure at OLB. We will need to draft on top of him, but the pressure will be lessened.

The Good

5) I thought Jones had a really good game.

6) I think it was also BB3s best game.

7) Rapp wrapping. I will miss his form tackles.

8) Matt Gay. Love not having to worry about that position.

9) PIck 37 overall.

The Bad

10) Accuracy, but for both QBs ... was there a slipping issue with the field?

11) Baker looked lost too much for my liking. We'll always have Paris/Vegas but I won't miss him terribly.

12) I know they were bad passes, but VJ could have caught the balls behind him and could have fought for the INT ...

13) Higbee is aging. He looks like he's starting to get dinged pretty regularly. We might assume we get half a season with him at full health each year, but not more.

14) O line got a little beat up ... gave up more pressure than I'd expect even with them being all backups.

The Ugly

15) Rochell, you had one job, dude.

16) Refs. I am rarely one to complain ... but that was egregious multiple times in a row at the end of the game.

17) 12 losses.

College

18) TCU.

19) I put out my first mock last week, lots of players. Nothing else until after the Senior Bowl.

20) The only thing that's being weighed differently is OLT. But knowing us, we don't go through the draft for that. Would I trade a 2 this year and 1st next for Tunsil? Sure. It would likely mean trading AD ... which might be on the table for Pittsburgh and his family anyway. I know there are confusing cap implications for this, but it's not impossible.

21) The sheer amount of O players top to bottom for me means we round out the roster in a way we haven't been able to. The lack of promising defenders means we have to take care of that early. Except safety, there are tons of safeties.

22) Positions that I believe will be plentifully available at UDFA levels ... IL, WR, RB, QB and to some extent TE. I am more likely to want to draft my backup QB ... if we went through the draft and picked 0 RBs I would have faith in a UDFA as the number 3. I will be upset if we don't draft a TE. I can wait until the 5th, but I am pretty set in this.

23) Question ... what LTs might be able to kick inside for a year THEN go back outside? Ryan Hayes? Cody Mauch? Jaelyn Duncan? I mean, we need to see length ... but I feel like I'm not as comfy with that transition as I am seeing guys that project inside and can't go back outside except for in a pinch.

24) I like some of the later DTs as rotational pieces. There are some freakish athletes that will likely last until the end of the draft.

Rumors

25) I don't believe McVay leaves. He's experiencing burnout. He'll recover and start getting geeked out again. He won't want to go out like this. I don't listen to the wishy washy words of someone who really needs a vacation.

26) If McVay actually leaves, I think we're fine. His playcalling was not magic this year and I thought he was still hungover. I would offer the HC job to the Lions OC and leave Morris where he is. B Johnson has even worked with Stafford before. Worst case scenario he leaves us late after most are gone and we make Raheem HC and let Thomas Brown be OC. We're still okay.

27) I believe AD may want to be nearer to his kids. If so, I want to make that happen for him. I want to be compensated for the couple good years he has left, but I don't have a problem with prioritizing his needs over what our defense is without him. We'll live and he's the greatest player I've ever seen. No one is above the game, but some guys have played themselves beyond the business aspect of franchise capitalism.

28) Kingsbury as OC if Sean stays? Sure. he'd learn how to coach and become valuable again.

FA

29) I know there are places we can cut ... I'd love to make a play for Tunsil. I want Gaines back. Matt Gay. Dixon. Besides that, they can all walk.

30) If Tennessee cuts Woody, I want him back.

Okay, that's the finale' ... questions and comments welcome ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2023 02:27PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout game 17 ... seahawks.

alyoshamucci414January 09, 2023 02:25PM

Re: Blinkscout game 17 ... seahawks.

21Dog106January 09, 2023 03:15PM

Rampage2K-121January 09, 2023 03:26PM

@rampage

alyoshamucci201January 09, 2023 04:28PM

BigGame81102January 09, 2023 04:34PM

303096January 09, 2023 04:44PM

AD 2024

alyoshamucci139January 09, 2023 05:04PM

Thing is

OzRam64January 10, 2023 05:30AM

3030149January 09, 2023 04:39PM

Killrazor131January 10, 2023 12:26AM

Higbee has 1 year left.

alyoshamucci136January 10, 2023 05:25AM

303073January 10, 2023 05:36AM

This is a perfect draft to reload our TE position…

Rams4363January 10, 2023 06:18AM

Re: This is a perfect draft to reload our TE position…

alyoshamucci68January 10, 2023 07:09AM

Thank you Aly for all the work you put into this

Coy Bacon189January 09, 2023 04:57PM

RamsDynasty59January 10, 2023 08:04AM