Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I Disagree

January 08, 2023 05:52PM
ferragamo79
The O-line definitely needs a return to health and an infusion of talent and bodies for good competition in camp. This is where I believe the team will spend most of its FA and draft capital.

return to health so Noteboom and Allen who have been very injury prone will no longer injury prone.....

When I said return to health, I was thinking more along the lines of Shelton (I think he missed 5 games this season), Jackson, and Bruss. I hope that 'Boom and Allen can get healthy too, but I don't see them on next year's roster at their current salaries. I hope to see at least two new starters next year...could be three.

4) And, like they've done over the past couple of seasons, I suspect that they'll continue to draft secondary heavy in the late rounds.

not sure you can get 3/4 of a starting secondary with 6ths and 7ths....Long was a bust as was Rochell...too early to call on Yest and Lake, but I don't want them staring in 2023....need a starting #2 corner

It appears as though they've been trying to find that 2nd starter starter in the later rounds of the draft for the past couple of seasons. They're looking for their diamond there. I believe that they value the edge position more than CB so I don't see a lot of high-value capital being spent there. Maybe they try to make a move to reacquire JJIII?

5) For back-up QB, I think that Sam Darnold would come here on the cheap.

He's awful

Fair enough. But I think that his experience mixed with some decent QB coaching could make for a good backup.

As disappointing as this season was, it's not indicative of who we've been over the past 5 years....no but players and coaches have been slowly leaving

The sky is not falling. We have the core to make another Super Bowl run.

I strongly disagree....I think AD is gone and jags on defense minus JR and maybe Jones

Gaines and Scott are gone...Wagner played well but getting old....who is this core?

I believe that Gaines will be re-signed over Ashawn Robinson.

Your core is:

QB: Matt Stafford
WR: Cooper Kupp
LT: Laremy Tunsil (my hope)

DT: Aaron Donald
LB: Bobby Wagner (I'd release him, though, if we acquired Tunsil and he demanded an immediate extension)
CB: Jalen Ramsey

If we can get McVay to tighten up his rushing attack and reduce the # of times he allows Stafford to operate in empty formations, I think we can see a return of a potent offense...which will only help an already solid defense.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This team needs a lot more help than some retooling

ferragamo79188January 08, 2023 03:42PM

I Disagree

ramBRO92January 08, 2023 04:26PM

Re: I Disagree

ferragamo7966January 08, 2023 05:09PM

Delete

Ram4life141January 08, 2023 05:32PM

Re: Looks like a rebuild to me

Ram_Ruler78January 08, 2023 05:34PM

Sorry you're wasting your time