Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pete Carroll expects warm welcome from fans as Bobby Wagner returns

January 05, 2023 03:31PM
[seahawkswire.usatoday.com] Pete Carroll expects warm welcome from fans as Bobby Wagner returns

January 5, 2023 6:00 am PT
Seattle Seahawks fans got their first glimpse of linebacker Bobby Wagner in a Rams jersey when the two teams faced off earlier in the season in Los Angeles. Now, Wagner is poised to make his return to Lumen Field in front of the 12s this Sunday.

Coach Pete Carroll thinks the crowd reception will be a warm one.

“Oh yeah, they’re going to be great, they love him,” Carroll said Wednesday. “I think they’re going to welcome him back. I just think that’s what’ll happen. Then if he makes a tackle or something, then maybe they don’t give him as much love. I don’t know. He’s going to make some hits in this game. He’s playing good ball and doing good stuff, but they’ll do the right thing. Whatever it is, they’ll do it.”

Wagner has always been a favorite in Seattle, spending 10 stellar seasons in the Emerald City. His success on the field has continued down south.

“He has 120-something tackles again – here he goes again,” Carroll continued. “I’m not sure the exact number, couple picks. He’s got six sacks. I don’t remember him ever getting that many sacks. He has rushed a lot in their system. Where it’s been a challenge, going there, and following last year and all that stuff, I think he’s probably been a real steady voice for them and factor for them. I can’t imagine him being anything but that.”

Wagner will make his return to Seattle this Sunday, Jan. 8. Kickoff between the Seahawks and Rams is set for 1:25 p.m. PT.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pete Carroll expects warm welcome from fans as Bobby Wagner returns

BerendsenRam44January 05, 2023 03:31PM