Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's hard to be physical

January 04, 2023 01:59PM
Ramgator
Must the players have a Physical instinct for it to work? Can anyone think of a Secondary that was soft Coached into being bruisers?

It's hard to be physical when the scheme requires you to play soft. We have some very physical players IMO, but they are not able to show it in this system.

I am not sure any CB would look "physical" in our soft zone. rolled eyes smiley

Even if you could try to coach them to be "physical", it's hard to play that way when you are always "reacting" instead of "initiating". IMO, if we would change to a more "aggressive" more "physical" type scheme you would see more toughness from players you didn't know were tough. Some might not excel at it but I think others would.

I just don't know how physical you can play in the leagues most passive scheme. rolled eyes smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can a soft Secondary be Coached into a Physical one or....

Ramgator94January 04, 2023 01:46PM

It's hard to be physical

Ramsdude60January 04, 2023 01:59PM

Aside from our scheme, our guys just look soft.

Ramgator60January 04, 2023 02:35PM

Re: Aside from our scheme, our guys just look soft.

BerendsenRam111January 04, 2023 02:54PM

Exactly BR

Ramsdude91January 04, 2023 02:59PM

Ramsdude135January 04, 2023 02:56PM

Ramstien36January 05, 2023 04:02AM

Re: It's hard to be physical

BerendsenRam71January 04, 2023 02:46PM