Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wait...he reads opponents?

January 02, 2023 12:24PM
JamesJM
the permutations the Rams use from the scheme. That's where I fault Morris... I think he 'guesses' wrong a LOT. And I don't mean 'guess' in the sense that he's playing craps every play... I mean setting the scheme and the specific permutation based on what he thinks is the 'most likely' play coming.

He KNOWS how to play defense, as good as anyone... but he gets out coached reading opponents. - JamesJM

You could've fooled me because it looks to me like he rolls out the same old game plan against EVERY team. Is that what you call "reading" your opponent?

One of my biggest complaints is that it seems like Morris doesn't read the opponents at all. After seeing him not adjust to an "opponents" strength ie;the farty whiners time after time and instead of taking away their "strengths" (short quick passes), he plays right into them by still rolling out the Charmin Shell against them makes me wonder if he is "reading" anything at all.

Even the most casual fan will tell what the strengths of the whiners is but either Morris doesn't care or isn't capable of coming up with something "special" just for them...or any team for that matter.

Is our talent that bad that this is the ONLY scheme Morris can run? I doubt it. Great coaches have a way of "coaching up" bad players with technique or game plans that help those players weaknesses. I don't see that from Morris. JMO

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We raise hell about Morris' scheme. I KNOW I do. But I have to wonder....

Ramgator256January 02, 2023 11:21AM

I don't think it's the scheme as much as it is....

JamesJM131January 02, 2023 12:13PM

Wait...he reads opponents?

Ramsdude170January 02, 2023 12:24PM

Re: Wait...he reads opponents?

JamesJM104January 02, 2023 12:43PM

No problem James

Ramsdude97January 02, 2023 01:20PM

Re: Wait...he reads opponents?

Ramstien67January 02, 2023 01:34PM

Not at all.

Ram_Ruler108January 02, 2023 12:56PM