Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mama look!!

December 28, 2022 09:57AM
Doesn't it feel like there's a reason this little college keeps popping up, ferragamo? Maybe it's fate! Time will tell!!

For Herdsters who also hang out in Bucky's Pub, you may remember a recent thread about a special Rams hat that Ferragamo has. The section about Shepherd University should ring some bells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QB Tyson Bagent, Shepherd University
Yes, there is a school called Shepherd. Yes, they have a football program. Yes, the quarterback is a legitimate NFL Draft prospect, otherwise he would not have been the first quarterback invited to the Senior Bowl this year.

Nice work between defenders by QB Tyler Bagent. pic.twitter.com/aY124X8XDU

— Matt Waldman (@MattWaldman) December 28, 2022
It is hardly unusual for NFL quarterbacks to be completely overlooked as recruits out of high school. Josh Allen had to go to a community college before transferring to Wyoming. Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Tony Romo also headline a long list of Pro Bowl quarterbacks who had barely any offers coming out of high school. But a quarterback getting drafted out of Shepherd or any Division-II school is highly unusual.

These considerations never come without merit and the Rams could be a good landing spot for Shepherd as a seventh round pick. Sean McVay wasn’t shy about developing undrafted free agents Bryce Perkins and John Wolford as potential starters, so Bagent makes a strong argument as a late round pick or undrafted free agent.

The Draft Network posted an interview with Bagent on Wednesday and started by highlighting how the 6’3 record-setter got to this point:

A highly-decorated quarterback, Bagent threw for 5,000 yards and 53 touchdowns throughout a standout 2021 campaign, becoming just the ninth quarterback in college football history to reach the 5,000-yard, 50-touchdown club. Bagent followed that up by throwing for 4,580 yards and 41 touchdowns in 2022.

The Athletic reported that all 32 teams scouted Bagent in person at some point during his college career at Shepherd and this indicates that interest is based in more than just great stats against inferior competition. Cooper Kupp can attest to the hard work and talent it takes to dominate competition that rarely makes it to the NFL, then turning it into a pro career.

TDN mentioned to Bagent that he could be the first D-II quarterback drafted since 1999 and the first player out of Shepherd since 1960.

Tyson Bagent: It’s pretty crazy. That’s a long time ago. To think that my name is being brought up in those conversations as the one to potentially end those droughts, it’s such an incredible feeling. I can be the next one after all these years.

There have been so many great quarterbacks to come from the D-II level. We’ve had so many great players at Shepherd University as well. It’s an honor. It’s extremely motivating for me. I want to be that breakthrough guy for us. I’m going to do the best I can.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams 2023 NFL Draft: 3 outside the box prospects for L.A. to consider

BerendsenRam316December 28, 2022 09:01AM

Mama look!!

ferragamo79188December 28, 2022 09:35AM

Re: Mama look!!

MamaRAMa92December 28, 2022 09:57AM

Shepherd University

MamaRAMa85December 28, 2022 11:30AM

Here's Bagent's stats in their championship game

NewMexicoRam97December 28, 2022 01:42PM