Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baker Mayfield on quarterbacking the Rams: 'It's been fun'

December 27, 2022 08:45AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Baker Mayfield on quarterbacking the Rams: 'It's been fun'

John Dillon
December 27, 2022 10:20 am PT
The Los Angeles Rams finally hit their stride on offense in Week 16 against the Denver Broncos, scoring 51 points en route to their most resounding victory of the 2022 season. In his comments after the game, newly acquired quarterback Baker Mayfield made it known how special the opportunity he has been given is to him, and made a point to tell the media that he has had a great time under center for Los Angeles in the games he has played.

“It’s been something really special,” Mayfield told reporters. “Obviously, timing-wise like we talked about, it’s just not how we drew it up, but it’s been really special. Especially coming off the Monday night game and not really playing well on offense, obviously I was frustrated with how I played. And for us to play a complete game like that speaks volumes. Everybody keeps talking about the fact that we’re eliminated from the playoffs, but this is a locker room that wants to compete and wants to win any chance you have and any opportunity that we can get. It’s been fun. It is a special locker room and I’m happy to be a part of it.”

Mayfield is rebuilding his career after failed stints with the Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers made him something of a pariah in NFL circles. Once criticized for his maturity and commitment to the teams he played for, he has come into his own of late, leading the Rams to two wins in their last three games, accounting for nearly half of the Los Angeles’ victories on the season.

His status as a member of the Rams moving forward into next season is unclear at this point, but judging from what he has said to the media since joining the team earlier this month, it sure seems that he’d like to stick around.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Baker Mayfield on quarterbacking the Rams: 'It's been fun'

BerendsenRam114December 27, 2022 08:45AM