Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just re-watched the Bronco game…

December 27, 2022 06:31AM
First game I had the stomach to re-watch in quite a while, tbh.

Here’s some observations that I missed when watching live and that haven’t been all that well covered by the media…

First, this was McVay’s best schemed and play called game all year. He constantly demonstrated that he had self scouted and made desperately needed corrections. Great to see.

His usage of both Higbee and Hopkins was devastating both in receiving and blocking. This is a whole different Ram O when McVay incorporates both of his TE’s. Broncos never had an answer.

I watched both Aboushi and Skura live and thought that they played well both in run blocking and pass pro. I watched them live because those 2 were my biggest concerns on O at the time. But this time I focused on Nsekhe and Shelton. Guess what? They both had outstanding games and Akers and Mayfield were the beneficiaries and got all the glory.

This current OL already has sufficiently gelled together that they can do a pretty darned good job. They just devastated the #3 scoring D in the league. Pretty impressive for mostly 3rd-5th stringers that were constantly being re-shuffled every week until recently.

Nsekhe, in particular, should be strongly considered for extension as a backup LOT. He looks like a borderline starting LOT, imo. Brilliant Snead signing just when Rams really needed it.

I’m now convinced that our ‘23 OL will be just fine with the addition of one high draft pick as a OG/OC or a solid LOT that might fall to us in the 2nd.

Akers seems newborn. He’s now once again looking like an above average starting RB. I still advise drafting a RB from this rich draft but Akers and Williams would be very good backups at the very least.

Why, oh why has it taken McVay this long to rediscover his 12 personnel sets? Gawd…

Mayfield is thriving with McVay. It’s beyond obvious. Sure hope he sees the wisdom of signing here as a brief backup to Stafford. Would be a definite win-win-win situation long term.

I love our projected ‘23 WR room of Kupp, AR, Jefferson, Atwell, McCutcheon, and Trammel with either Stafford or Mayfield under center. No need to devote draft picks to THAT room.

I was pleased to see numerous flashes from youngsters in that front 7. Emphasis numerous.

Hoecht
Murchison
Williams
Brown IV
Keir Thomas

Hate to say I told you so about Durant… But I did tell you so. Lol. Polish him up on some things and we’ve got ourselves a real ballhawk to complement Ramsey. Those are hard to find. Hot Damn! Again, what took Morris so long to see the obvious?

It’s possible that Broncos caved in too easily because they’d lost confidence in Hackett and Russell Wilson. I dunno. But I will say this. Rams seemed well prepared and fired up after that Lambeau humiliation so it might not have mattered WHO Rams were playing that particular day. Rams players and coaches both seemed to want to vent their season long frustrations on whoever showed up. I’ve seldom been more proud of a Rams team effort. Btw, that’s twice I’ve claimed that in the last 3 games, both times with Mayfield’s at QB. Just saying.

Hopefully, we will see more of these youngsters getting their snaps in the final 2 games. It’s both fun and very enlightening.

I will say this. Rams seem to have a deeper bench at WR, OL, TE, Edge, DL, and CB than I had previously thought. Might have to revise my needs priority list. Lol.

Thoughts?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just re-watched the Bronco game…

Rams43238December 27, 2022 06:31AM

5th stringers???

ferragamo79133December 27, 2022 06:59AM

Re: 5th stringers???

Rams43102December 27, 2022 07:14AM