Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That was a great game..I was little then and had Rams PJ's and bedspread to show my age,,,

December 15, 2022 10:20AM
That was truly a great game. The Rams gave everything they had in that season and game...Still one of my favorite teams after all these years, I love that season....even though they lost.

I remember being so into that game....really really pulling for them. Diving on and off the couch and on and off my Dad...making him throw the ball to me over and over and over again during the game.

When they came up short I was crushed, I had no idea at the time that you could be proud of my team for losing a game.....I was crushed and my dad saw that pulled me aside at the party and told me this...Your team can't win every game son, just like your own team doesn't win every game but one thing that the Rams did today and you can do every time you play controls how hard you play and control your attitude and effort on every play. The Rams may not have won that game but they gave it everything they had and could have won it just as easily as they lost it. They were scanning the sidelines as the game was winding down and you could see the players had given it their all that day.

This was very close to my 9th birthday and I was a huge baby for a long time when my Rams lost....it lasted into my adult life and almost all the way to being a grandfather...I went to bed and to sleep I was depressed.

When they lost to the Pats both times I went to bed with a house full of people and went to sleep...I was depressed.

The Rams gave all they had that day and almost beat the team of the decade the Steelers. With a couple of bounces and who knows the Rams could have easily won that game...They might have been the better team that day,...they just weren't able to prove it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Saw this last night and STILL felt that electric like shock / ache in my gut. Attachments

Ramgator445December 15, 2022 02:02AM

Football was SO much better back then.

Ramgator92December 15, 2022 02:08AM

look how close Perry is to that ball....

LMU9392December 15, 2022 03:46AM

Re: Saw this last night and STILL felt that electric like shock / ache in my gut.

Leoram139December 15, 2022 05:35AM

My ache comes when I see....

NewMexicoRam64December 15, 2022 06:14AM

so many things went wrong 4th

ferragamo7977December 15, 2022 07:21AM

Those 3 combined were killers

NewMexicoRam103December 15, 2022 07:32AM

Re: so many things went wrong 4th

den-the-coach64December 15, 2022 08:19AM

Re: so many things went wrong 4th

BerendsenRam63December 15, 2022 10:55AM

Re: My ache comes when I see....

BerendsenRam61December 15, 2022 10:50AM

That was a great game..I was little then and had Rams PJ's and bedspread to show my age,,,

RustyRay162December 15, 2022 10:20AM

That pass to Stallworth...I once heard Jack Youngblood say.......

Ramgator124December 15, 2022 10:59AM

Re: That pass to Stallworth...I once heard Jack Youngblood say.......

BerendsenRam116December 15, 2022 01:25PM