Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Went to the game...

December 11, 2022 09:19PM
I think a few other fans traveled a long distance to get there as well. It was nice to see the stadium. It is a beauty. I kind of wish I had made the effort to see them in the Coliseum.

Part of the experienced truly sucked. I sat next to a Raider fan who was obviously annoyed when I took the seat next to him. There were a lot of Raider fans there and I was surrounded by them. I thought getting a club seat on the home side would help. I didn't think it would be that bad though. I felt like I was at an away game. I guess I made a mistake getting club seating because it is just not a football experience for me. Shrimp tacos with a bunch of crap on them? And it was amazingly loud when the Rams O was on the field, but comfortable otherwise. It simply would have been 1000 times better surrounded by Ram fans. I am guessing this is why more Ram fans don't go.

There were definitely good things. The one Ram fan I talked to before the game. He was very cool and helped me get into the area I needed to be in. Being at a Rams home game for a change, even though it kind of wasn't. The stadium is nice. I don't see what makes it billions of $$$ better than other stadiums but it is beautiful. It was cool to see the Rams play. The last second victory on a 97 yard drive was magical. It shut the horde of Raider fans up instantly and was pretty damn priceless after hours of them celebrating a certain victory.

It was a bucket list item. $500 poorly spent but worth it. I spent a lot of time just being appreciative of the opportunity to be in the Rams stadium in Los Angeles. I mean I have been a fan since I was child.... watching game highlights with my uncle, who I think was an Eagle fan. He never tried to dissuade me. I think on some level he thought it was amusing. So for me, about 48 years later to be able to fly across the country, from sea to shining sea... drive from Long Beach in 5 lane traffic in an area I have never been in... to take a tram with complete strangers and sit alone and cheer the Rams to an unlikely victory. There were moments I was that 7 year old kid. The magic was still there. And just taking it all in is just an incredible experience.

Spent a week in Long Beach, Santa Monica, LA... mountains and beach... Definitely a different vibe from the East coast. Driving was very relaxed, even heavy traffic. Maybe a horn blown every once in a while. The motorcycles that ride between cars... that stuff would end quickly here. It just doesn't happen. But I think its because the driving is so ultra aggressive here more than someone would take them out, probably. Went to Disneyland. Probably the highlight of the trip. Definitely different than Disney World. It is smaller in comparison so you can get to everything... we walked by Tomorrowland at least 8 times... No issue walking from one end of the park to the other. I think we rode everything we wanted to. Awesome. The mountains are majestic and it is spectacular see them and the ocean. We have no mountains... flat and at sea level. The Santa Monica Pier is interesting. I live about 40 minutes from Ocean City, MD so it was an interesting comparison. We watched the sunset over the ocean which is a first.

We had a great time overall. Beautiful. Stunning landscapes. If there were just a few more Ram fans in the stadium it really would have topped off a great vacation.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Went to the game...

Atlantic Ram405December 11, 2022 09:19PM

Re: Went to the game...

Rampage2K-164December 11, 2022 09:49PM

den-the-coach100December 12, 2022 02:33AM

leafnose102December 12, 2022 04:37AM

Very good report, Atlantic...

JamesJM105December 12, 2022 02:59AM

I did the trip in 2019. And JUST like you.....

Ramgator104December 12, 2022 03:10AM

stlramz198December 12, 2022 03:49AM

Love your write up

NewMexicoRam78December 12, 2022 04:25AM

glad you enjoyed yourself.....

21Dog168December 12, 2022 05:10AM

Sounds like you hit some nice spots....

roman1881December 12, 2022 05:50AM

Re: Great Trip Report

RamsFanSince6984December 12, 2022 06:10AM

The actual football stadium