Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay: Jacob Harris sustained torn pec vs. Raiders and will need surgery, Marquise Copeland has high ankle sprain

December 09, 2022 01:28PM
McVay: Jacob Harris sustained torn pec vs. Raiders and will need surgery, Marquise Copeland has high ankle sprain
Link

Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)
Stu Jackson

Staff Writer

Rams head coach Sean McVay on Friday said wide receiver Jacob Harris sustained a torn pec against the Raiders and will need surgery.

The injury occurred when Harris was covering a punt early in the fourth quarter of Thursday night's game. He exited the game with 11:02 remaining and did not return.

"It's unfortunate," McVay said during a video conference with reporters Friday. "He's done a really good job, and I've really seen a lot of growth from Jacob. And that's a bummer to end his season like that."

Primarily a contributor on special teams this season, Harris made his first career catch this season when he hauled in punter Riley Dixon's 6-yard pass for a fourth-down conversion against the Chiefs in Week 12. He played in seven of the Rams' 13 games this season prior to the injury.

McVay also announced that defensive tackle Marquise Copeland suffered a high ankle sprain Thursday night.

"We'll see what his status is in the coming couple of days," McVay said.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude170December 09, 2022 01:28PM

And the beat goes on...

NewMexicoRam120December 09, 2022 01:30PM

Re: And the beat goes on...

Ramstien95December 09, 2022 01:43PM

BerendsenRam83December 09, 2022 01:44PM

Ramsdude155December 09, 2022 01:49PM

Harris out for the year...

Ramsdude167December 09, 2022 01:59PM

Re: Harris out for the year...