Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Longest drive to win but also...

December 09, 2022 03:24AM
One of the biggest swings in emotion I've ever experienced as a Ram's fan -

The D did their job.... stopping the Raiders to give the Rams a chance... a pie in the sky chance but never the less a chance. And then... "The Punt". That punt seemed to define this season... and it was devastating. I watched that ball roll down the field inches from the sideline, rolling-rolling-rolling-rolling-rolling, and shook my head in disbelief.... it wasn't possible. It was cruel. It was heartbreaking. It was pouring salt in a wound. I wasn't mad - I was defeated.

And then - "The Drive" - no Kupp. No Robinson. Just Mr. Butterfingers Akers and some guy with a bag of airline peanuts in his pocket. And yet - - - - I continued to watch! It was "the Punt" in reverse. It wasn't possible but somehow the ball just continued to go down the field. Some guy named Skow pulls off an in his prime OBJ-like circus catch on a ball only Brady or Rodgers could toss - the officials miss a flagrant face mask and I'm stupefied. It's possible the Rams could pull this off? That can't be... I pinch myself, it hurt, I WAS awake.

In a win that left the Rams not an inch closer to the playoffs I was glowing... beaming... and never prouder thinking, "That's My Team". Christmas had come a little early.

It's not possible to save a 3-9 season, is it? And I mean a 3-9 record that doesn't begin to explain just how inept our O had played in 2022. And the whole world saw it... it felt like the whole world had lifted me on their shoulders and was carting me off the field to the adulation of the entire football world.

In a season I had hoped to forget for all time I now never want to forget. That's my team, (and yours). - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Longest drive to win but also...

JamesJM353December 09, 2022 03:24AM

Re: Longest drive to win but also...

Old Goat115December 09, 2022 03:35AM

+1 nm

NewMexicoRam127December 09, 2022 04:05AM

regarding the punt

L.A.Rams77December 09, 2022 04:26AM

Very nice post…

Rams4362December 09, 2022 06:08AM

Re: Longest drive to win but also...