Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams were only team to put in a waiver claim for Baker Mayfield

December 06, 2022 04:11PM
Link

Only one team wanted Baker Mayfield.

The Rams were the only team that put in a waiver claim for Mayfield, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

Under the NFL waiver system, when the Panthers put Mayfield on waivers, all 31 other teams had an opportunity to put in a claim for him, and the team with the worst record that put in a claim would get him. The Rams were third in the waiver order, but that didn’t matter because no other team wanted him anyway.

Although Mayfield is a big name and a former No. 1 overall pick, the rest of the league figured his poor play this season, combined with the fact that the season is almost over, meant he was unlikely to contribute anything this season.

Still, that only one team put in a claim for Mayfield shows that no other team even thought it was worth bringing him in for the rest of the year to get an early evaluation and consider signing him in free agency next year. That doesn’t bode well for Mayfield’s hopes of generating much interest when he hits free agency in March.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude298December 06, 2022 04:11PM

They were the only team that traded for Stafford

Stafford9117December 06, 2022 04:23PM

Re: Rams were only team to put in a waiver claim for Baker Mayfield

3030125December 06, 2022 04:24PM

Gonna make both Mayfield and his agent much easier to deal with next offseason, huh?

Rams4396December 06, 2022 04:30PM

Re: Gonna make both Mayfield and his agent much easier to deal with next offseason, huh?

303096December 06, 2022 04:32PM

Re: Gonna make both Mayfield and his agent much easier to deal with next offseason, huh?

LMU93193December 06, 2022 05:12PM

NewMexicoRam58December 06, 2022 06:45PM

Classicalwit190December 06, 2022 08:11PM

Ramstien56December 07, 2022 03:51AM