Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I might be his biggest critic

December 01, 2022 03:03AM
Ram4life
Is Creed Humphrey a better player? Absolutely. But you can't make plays when they don't target you. When tutu gets targets he makes plays. Just my 2 cents worth.

and I absolutely agree he should be getting more touches but I wonder what the reason is for not getting those snaps.

Why would our offensive minded HC who most likely was the guy that wanted him drafted, sees him in practice every day as well as actual games too, not play "his shiny new toy" on a team that is screaming for play makers?

Why did our offensive minded HC go out of his way to design plays that featured Powell and Skow but not Tutu? Especially when Tutu has actually made plays with the few chances he has received.

There has to be a reason. It just doesn't make sense not to play Tutu more unless there was an "underlying" issue we are not aware of.

Is McVay truly concerned that Tutu will get hurt? I don't think so. He knew Tutu's size when he drafted him.

Is Tutu's ability to learn the playbook an issue? Maybe?

Is Tutu unable to run all the routes in McVay's playbook and is only good a few? I am thinking this might be true.

Could it be something else??? Absolutely it could.

All the Tutu supporters were saying "McVay knows more than we do. He sees Tutu in practice every day." But now that McVay himself is not playing the kid, you don't hear that excuse much anymore. lol

IMO, Tutu is unable to physically or mentally handle the complete McVay playbook. One or the other. We saw vids of how easily Tutu was knocked so far off his route at the LOS that he disrupted the route of another WR. rolled eyes smiley

He is also too small to block very well like McVay likes his WR's to do so that would eliminate him from a lot of the plays in McVay's playbook too.

I think McVay thought he would bulk up a little too but that just doesn't seem to have happened either. You just can't put much more on that small boned frame of Tutu.

Having said all that, if true, would make Tutu nothing more than a "gadget" player only to be used on certain plays here and there and that is exactly what we have been seeing.

Tutu can make plays if used at the right time and in the right way but I don't think McVay has figured out how to get more out of him yet.

I can't call Tutu a "weapon" when you only play 5 snaps a game when all the starters are healthy. Right now, Tutu is just a perfect example of a Gadget player. Maybe that changes down the road, I don't know but I'm not holding my breath. lol

Will McVay give Tutu another season? Will he try to get him more involved? Not sure, but Tutu has a golden opportunity right now to show more of what he can do over these last few games.

If it's too early to call him a "bust" then it's getting mighty close to that time.

IMO, his future as a Ram might depend on how well he does with this opportunity. beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2022 03:39AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tutu Atwell is not a bust

Ram4life465November 30, 2022 04:50PM

Its shocking he doesn't get more touches..

sstrams146November 30, 2022 04:55PM

Re: It is

Ram4life127November 30, 2022 05:05PM

SoCalRAMatic179November 30, 2022 05:18PM

The_Zone82November 30, 2022 06:16PM

BerendsenRam87November 30, 2022 06:54PM

sfbayram109November 30, 2022 06:18PM

Re: Tutu Atwell is not a bust

Rams43109November 30, 2022 07:02PM

Re: Tutu Atwell is not a bust

Classicalwit112November 30, 2022 07:52PM

I might be his biggest critic

Ramsdude169December 01, 2022 03:03AM

I think he's on a 7-game tryout

LMU93110December 01, 2022 03:49AM

The Atwell/McVay relationship is an enigma on multiple levels…

Rams43139December 01, 2022 05:30AM

+++1

dodgerram76December 01, 2022 05:06AM

Well...

DaJudge100December 01, 2022 07:20AM