Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I wondered about this

November 23, 2022 10:36AM
While Jalen Ramsey allowed Chris Olave to get behind him, he was expecting Rapp’s help over the top. Instead, Rapp got caught looking underneath as the deep safety and both players got burned.

And I wonder how often this has happened. I've also (in the very few games I've been able to watch) seen Jalen get caught flat-footed and miss a tackle, or simply get beat. It happens to the best corners - just as the best QB's somehow miss about 1/3 of their throws. Jalen is still one of the very best.

I've also watched him turn 180 degrees from the day he slugged said safety in the mouth for the very same thing. These days he's become an encourager, a teacher, a coach on the field.

That growth is attributable to Jalen himself and the potential that was always within him, and to Sean McVay for bringing it out.

He could be working a sililar turnaround with Cam Akers, and may not have been able to work it with Darrell Henderson. We don't know how much of a whiney-butt Henderson may have been behind the scenes. McVay never said, "Look at me! Look at how wonderfully I dealt with Jalen Ramsey!"

We'll never know for sure if he's doing the same thing with Akers or tried and couldn't reach Hendo; we'll just have to wait and see.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3 more players that the Rams must move on from in 2022 NFL offseason

BerendsenRam251November 23, 2022 09:57AM

mtramfan129November 23, 2022 10:36AM

BerendsenRam132November 23, 2022 11:42AM