Advanced

Backyard Football?

November 21, 2022 11:51AM
BerendsenRam
[theramswire.usatoday.com]
Tutu Atwell knew he'd get the ball on 62-yard TD when the play was called

Cameron DaSilva
November 21, 2022 7:22 am PT

“As soon as the play call came in, pretty much,” Atwell said. “I already knew I was getting the ball. It was man coverage. I already told Stafford during the week, ‘Man, I’m gonna go get it. Just throw it out there.’ And that’s what he did.”

He didn’t have to do much on that touchdown other than turn on the jets and run by the defense.

“Pretty much, that was a route that was ‘just beat the defender and get open’ and that’s what I did. Stafford trusted my speed, and I trusted him to put the ball where it’s supposed to be at and we came down with it.”

“At the end of the day, I’m used to things like that. I’m used to just going deep and that’s what I do. Came out of college, and it’s just another touchdown and another catch,” Atwell said.

“It means everything,” Atwell said. “It just means everything. I was so excited. We’ve been practicing it all week, Stafford threw it out there and I made a play.”

Is this the best McVay can come with for Tutu? "Just go deep as you can, and Stafford will throw it as far as he can"! lol

Is Tutu having trouble understanding the playbook or just not able to run the routes? Is he strictly a "one route pony"? Seriously, they "practiced" that play all week? lol I guess Tutu could only handle practicing "one" route at a time! rolled eyes smiley

Maybe this is why we haven't seen him in on more snaps. It's starting make some sense now that Tutu is speaking. The more he talks, the more we will know.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tutu Atwell knew he'd get the ball on 62-yard TD when the play was called

BerendsenRam172November 21, 2022 08:54AM

Re: Tutu Atwell knew he'd get the ball on 62-yard TD when the play was called

BerendsenRam85November 21, 2022 09:03AM

Backyard Football?

Ramsdude63November 21, 2022 11:51AM

Re: Backyard Football?

SoCalRAMatic130November 21, 2022 12:02PM