Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, of course it would still be worth it.

November 15, 2022 07:49AM
waterfield
along with a bit of human nature. Keep in mind the SB win was just this year. The excitement and satisfaction is still fresh. Change the time to this: You won the SB 5 yrs ago and your sitting with 4 yrs of a losing record that would be different had you NOT won that distant SB. Would you still feel it was worth it ?

I have been a Rams fan for a very very long time as I know you are too. We probably have a combined total of over 100 years of watching the Rams! lol

So, out of the 50 or seasons you have watched...

How many times have the Rams been to the SB in that span? For me, 5. 5 SB appearances in 50 years = 1 every 10 years. (2 coming pretty close together in the last few years throws off the number a bit. It was a much longer drought before '79 or even '99)

How many times have the Rams won the SB? For me, 2. 2 SB wins in 50 years of being a fan = 1 every 25 years.

That tells me how hard it is to not only make it there but to actually "win it" is even harder.

You and I both have suffered for DECADES long losing seasons in the past. Things are different now. We have a much better owner. A good FO and a great HC. I am 100% positive we will not be down long. They won't let it happen. They won't be ok with losing like Shaw and Georgia were.

We all knew the plan was to go "All in" and that things had to work out just right for us to sustain that level of play. Well things didn't go as planned.

9 OL injuries in the first 9 games can wreck a season REAL fast...and it has.

Yes, it is "worth it" to me, even though I don't know what "worth it" really means because If all those OL injuries don't happen, we aren't even having this conversation right now because we are contending...again! Defending our SB crown.

If it means a few losing seasons after winning the SB, yes, I am fine with it. I understand why it might happen and I would do it all again every day of the week and twice on Sunday!

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 08:01AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Been rethinking the whole "It was worth it" thing.

Ramgator253November 15, 2022 03:19AM

Re: Been rethinking the whole "It was worth it" thing.

Ramstien156November 15, 2022 04:52AM

Agreed!

Ramsdude83November 15, 2022 05:35AM

There is a little psychology here

waterfield176November 15, 2022 06:58AM

Yes, of course it would still be worth it.

Ramsdude41November 15, 2022 07:49AM

Everybody knew that a repeat was a long shot, statistically…

Rams4389November 15, 2022 07:09AM

Re: Been rethinking the whole "It was worth it" thing.

Ramkind63November 15, 2022 07:22AM

You realize we went to TWO super bowls in the last five years?

RantoulRam55November 15, 2022 07:41AM

This season makes me even happier we went all in.

Ram_Ruler65November 15, 2022 07:43AM

Projecting the current situation into the future...

promomasterj84November 15, 2022 07:44AM