Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cap, Draft, & Free Agency

November 15, 2022 04:16AM
This piece brings up some serious questions regarding "Roster Build."

Right now?
We could use a veteran QB as a backup. Unless Perkins is allowed to show and grow, the situation going forward will be critical.
While it's all nice to use the backup as scout team prep, it does not fix the real time issue of how a team deals with their starter out for a prolonged time.

Yes, firepower to set up next to AD is enormous. The note was that the Panthers Burn represented a future after the days of AD are finished. Having missed that opportunity, it's a vacancy that looms ahead. BUT, I now have some concerns about the back end of the defense. I bruiser of a safety is missing. John Johnson, an Eric Weddle, eg. is missing back there. Makes me curious about how they see the defense overall.

This losing streak, and how the rest of the year plays out versus the Cap, roster, and fixes already feels dire.

Part of the fix remains in the low cost of new players through the draft. That also means they take the field early and pan out.

The sting remains along the OL. This is clearly where things are scorched. And questions loom
Noteboom / Jackson
Joe wasn't exactly lighting it up for me. AJ is beefy.
Edwards
Retain or expel? Funny we started the year thinking he was the weak spot along the front. Hmmmm
Allen
I think we're ok there. Contract year?
RG Bruss ?
Can he play?
Havs
Last remaining soldier.

Plenty for the team to figure out.
Perhaps it's not all that bad, but returns on investment looks poor as of now.

Just to close with.
Bobby Wagner's contract vs return on investment. His presence changes the personnel groupings out there. Not always in the best of ways either.
IE: They pulled Jones on 3rd and short, and the Cardinals found little resistance from the MLB area when they ran it there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How will Rams create cap space in 2023?

Rams43313November 14, 2022 11:28AM

leafnose147November 15, 2022 04:16AM

dodgerram171November 15, 2022 04:25AM

leafnose130November 15, 2022 04:32AM

3030102November 15, 2022 06:42AM

bruiser at safety

21Dog78November 15, 2022 08:13AM

Re: bruiser at safety

303075November 15, 2022 08:27AM

Priorities

Ramsdude116November 15, 2022 04:57AM

Re: How will Rams create cap space in 2023?

Rams43116November 15, 2022 08:01AM