Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some recent Ram coaching decisions that I still don’t understand…

November 10, 2022 08:28AM
Rams43
Honestly, I’m starting to lose confidence in these coaches and this FO.

Here we go…

Why pick Atwell over Humphrey?

Why keep starting Evans with Brewer, Aboushi, and Skura in the wings? Now we’ve got Stafford in concussion protocol. Geez…

Why take forever to integrate AR in the O after a reportedly stellar camp?

How and why did they allow TE corps to be reduced to essentially one functional player (Higbee)? They virtually unilaterally neutered their own TE room.

WTH happened between McVay and Akers?

Why is it that we have a non-productive RB corps that is habitually injured? Is it a scouting problem or a usage problem?

Why have they tolerated a weak overall run blocking OL, even when healthy, for years? Are they scouting/drafting the ‘wrong’ types?

Once the Atwell pick was already made, why have they not at least given him targets to see what they’ve got? Especially after a reportedly stellar camp?

How in the world did the ‘genius O savant’ McVay oversee the utter disintegration of his O so quickly this season while defending a SB victory?

The Liam Coen hire is looking like yet another misfire. O’Connell’s career path is looking infinitely better right now.

So, who exactly was it that thought Hollins/Lewis would be fine at edge, pressure wise? An asst coach, Morris, McVay? SOMEBODY screwed up, that’s for sure.

Why did Morris start Kendrick vs Brady after the 49er game performance? The kid had a target on his back from the jump. I predicted this in a Sunday morning post. WTH couldn’t Morris see this coming? It’s not as if Morris didn’t have 4 other healthy choices available.

Why didn’t Ram D deny the sidelines to Brady’s WR’s in that final drive? That’s prevent D 101.

Whose brilliant idea was it to have Dixon start out-kicking his coverage in this game? Was it because the Bucs’ kicker was kicking so deeply and so well?

Anybody that can logically explain any of the above? If so, I’m all ears.

So soon? Based on your posts in the past '43 you are the eternal optimist when it comes to Snead, McVay, and everything Rams. I mean c'mon man...just a few months ago Stafford was going to be an MVP candidate due to an unstoppable pass offense and Snead / McVay were / are top notch when it comes to the draft. Now eight games in it's a total 180??? Where's your faith in the players, team, and front office???
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some recent Ram coaching decisions that I still don’t understand…

Rams43324November 10, 2022 07:18AM

I'd like to field one of those questions..

sstrams242November 10, 2022 07:28AM

Re: I'd like to field one of those questions..

Killrazor75November 10, 2022 08:09AM

Re: I'd like to field one of those questions..

Old Goat148November 10, 2022 08:22AM

GroundPounder187November 10, 2022 08:28AM

Rams4399November 10, 2022 09:00AM

kw13132November 10, 2022 11:54AM