Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fake News!!! lol

November 02, 2022 09:19AM
BerendsenRam

Coordinators - Raheem Morris & Joe DeCamillis

Raheem Morris’s game plan did not change since the last time the Rams played the 49ers. Every fan wants the Rams to come out of their soft coverage, but the only way they can tighten the coverage is if they generate more pass rush. Raheem Morris has been unable to consistently find the formula this year.

Do the Rams need to rush five more often? Do the corners need to simply play closer to the line of scrimmage? The Rams scheme is meant to be malleable, but are they intractable? The best defenses know how to counter when an opposing offense begins to hit stride. Demeco Ryans and the 49ers countered flawlessly on Sunday.

Bad day to have a bad day for Rams defense, too (again go in depth in column). Ethos of defense as intended means it *should* be able to shape-shift while still capping pass explosives. But neither adjustments nor execution matched that. Irony is ethos should = malleability.

— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) October 31, 2022
Joe DeCamillis’s group has been solid the last few weeks. It could tighten up in punt coverages, with gunners breaking down to avoid significant returns. In addition, since the offense is struggling to score, special teams will need to score more frequently.

Week 8 Grade: D- (Morris), B+ (DeCamillis)

Season Grade: D+ (Morris), B- (DeCamillis)

Trend: Slight Downward (Morris), Neutral (DeCamillis)

Interesting but not surprising. D- Minus for the Game for Morris. Just below his season average of D+!

I actually would give him better grades against the other teams but against the whiners, these are pretty accurate.

In comparison, when playing the whiners, I give McVay an F! At least Morris gets a D-!!!

How about that! I graded Morris HIGHER than than McVay! lol thumbs up smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2022 09:20AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams overview post-Week 8: Raheem Morris must learn to evolve defense’s ethos

BerendsenRam96November 02, 2022 08:55AM

Fake News!!! lol

Ramsdude100November 02, 2022 09:19AM