Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooper Kupp has ankle swelling, expected to play Sunday vs. Bucs

October 31, 2022 01:55PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Cooper Kupp has ankle swelling, expected to play Sunday vs. Bucs

Cameron DaSilva
October 31, 2022 2:28 pm PT
The Rams should consider themselves very lucky. Cooper Kupp went down with an ankle injury at the end of Sunday’s game against the 49ers but he’s expected to be OK.

After Ian Rapoport reported that Kupp has a low ankle sprain, Sean McVay shared an update with the media on Monday night. He said Kupp has some soft tissue swelling in his ankle but there was no structural damage. McVay said, “I think he’ll be OK” and expects Kupp to play on Sunday against the Buccaneers.

After Kupp was seen limping and with his ankle wrapped in the locker room Sunday, there were serious concerns about his health moving forward. That doesn’t seem to be a worry now, though.

Rams HC Sean McVay said WR Cooper Kupp is dealing with soft tissue swelling with his ankle. Nothing is structurally wrong.

"I think he'll be OK."

McVay said he anticipates Kupp playing vs. Bucs on Sunday.

— Stu Jackson (@StuJRams) October 31, 2022

Kupp leads the team with 64 catches for 686 yards and five touchdowns this season, once again ranking among the league leaders in each department, too. The Rams would be in big trouble if Kupp were to miss any extended period of time, even with Allen Robinson on the team and Van Jefferson back.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cooper Kupp has ankle swelling, expected to play Sunday vs. Bucs

BerendsenRam109October 31, 2022 01:55PM

Finally some GOOD news!

Ramsdude43October 31, 2022 03:01PM

I wonder how effective he'll be.

Ramgator48October 31, 2022 03:06PM