Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay explains what he's missed most amid Van Jefferson's absence

October 25, 2022 11:57AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay explains what he's missed most amid Van Jefferson's absence

Skyler Carlin
October 25, 2022 1:50 pm PT
The Los Angeles Rams are expected to get a few players back from injury this week, including Van Jefferson. Ahead of the rematch against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 8, Sean McVay shared what he’s missed most from Jefferson amid his absence from the offense.

“I just think it’s the overall productivity. Obviously, he brings the big play element, but I think Van’s a complete receiver. I think he showed that with the way that he was progressing, really throughout last year, but then especially where he was at in relation to just his performance in training camp,” McVay said. “Camp is camp, but it’s still playing football. So to be able to get him back, guy with a lot of experience, a lot of ownership of our offense, the ability to play in a bunch of different spots. I think he’s a compliment to some of the guys that we already have in the mix. But you’re getting a big-time playmaker back who can do a lot of different things for us. (I) love Van and really glad to be able to have him back in the mix for us.”

Jefferson is slated to make his season debut on Sunday against the 49ers after missing the first six games of the season due to a knee injury. The former second-round pick recorded career-best marks in receptions (50), receiving yards (802), and receiving touchdowns (6) in 2021 as he showed plenty of growth in his game from his rookie season in 2020.

While Jefferson is a talented route runner, he operated as a vertical threat in the offense a season ago with plenty of success. The ability of Jefferson to stretch the field should aid Cooper Kupp and Allen Robinson, giving Matthew Stafford another reliable weapon to target.

With the offensive line getting somewhat healthier, and the return of Jefferson, McVay is hoping to see vast improvements in the offense beginning in Week 8 versus the 49ers.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay explains what he's missed most amid Van Jefferson's absence

BerendsenRam158October 25, 2022 11:57AM