Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don’t despair over losing out on McCaffrey and Burns, people…

October 23, 2022 07:26AM
Please step back from the ledge. Lol.

I’m actually glad that Rams didn’t invest in McCaffrey and I guess Burns was never realistically in the cards.

But so what?

Rams don’t really require elites at either position in order to be effective.

Right now Rams need 3 things which is a short and doable list.

1. OL needs to settle down and I think they will. Allen’s return will be a huge upgrade over Kolone and Aboushi seemed to be getting better and better as he gained experience as a Ram in that Panther game. No star but he is a journeyman and former starter and RG is his best position. He might thrive there between Allen and Hav. Meanwhile, Shelton will be back in 2 more weeks. Jackson is looking very good at the all-important LOT. I’m cautiously optimistic about our ‘new’ OL barring more injuries.

2. Rams need an upgrade for edge, particularly pressure-wise. Don’t need a Von Miller, just a solid player that is an upgrade over our current roster. That’s not a really high bar, right? Such players are out there and won’t cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully this candidate can be here for several years. I’m sick of 6 month rentals. A solid edge could elevate this D into top 5 status and be MORE than sufficient for a deep playoff run.

3. Last, but not least, Rams need a solid RB. I like Hendo but I’m not comfortable with his injury history. I’m high on Williams’ potential but let’s be honest. He’s a rookie without a single NFL snap on his resume and we are planning on a SB run here. This new RB will be a solid vet with reasonable power, speed, and vision. Again, such RB’s are out there and won’t require an arm and a leg. Surely Snead can and will pull this one off with relative ease.

Once these 3 above goals are accomplished then I predict that Stafford will have a field day with a revitalized running game while throwing to the likes of Kupp, AR, Jefferson, and Higbee. Should be the exciting O that we all expected before all the injuries. Moreover, Morris might then lay claim to a top 5 scoring D. This Ram team would then be one that nobody wants to play.

So, I’m not conceding the division to the hated 49ers, much less the conference title and a trip to the SB.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Don’t despair over losing out on McCaffrey and Burns, people…

Rams43439October 23, 2022 07:26AM

Re: Don’t despair over losing out on McCaffrey and Burns, people…

Ekern55150October 23, 2022 08:12AM

Re: THIS^^^^^ YESSS!

oldschoolramfan110October 23, 2022 12:21PM

Re: THIS^^^^^ YESSS!

DESERT RAM161October 23, 2022 02:05PM

Classicalwit132October 23, 2022 02:11PM

Old Goat133October 23, 2022 02:26PM

Classicalwit73October 23, 2022 02:29PM