Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay breaks down Ben Skowronek's rushing touchdown

October 17, 2022 09:03AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay breaks down Ben Skowronek's rushing touchdown

John Dillon
October 17, 2022 6:16 am PT
The Los Angeles Rams successfully overcame their early-season struggles in Week 6 and got their first win in October over the Carolina Panthers. Their 3-3 record has them in a prime position to get back in the NFC West lead with more wins in the coming weeks and should keep them in the mix for a playoff spot if they can keep finding success through the middle of their schedule.

Among the most impressive plays in their matchup against Carolina was a 17-yard touchdown run by multitalented receiver Ben Skowronek, which scored the Rams’ final points to put the game on ice. Head coach Sean McVay commented on the impressive play in his post-game press conference and noted the teamwork necessary for Skowronek to get into the end zone.

“Guys [are] playing for each other,” McVay said. “It was awesome to just be able to see the selflessness of this group. I think is what’s right about this group. [We] continue to grow and WR Brandon Powell was like, ‘Why didn’t I get that look on that play earlier in the game?’ So I said ‘Ben lulled them to sleep.’ It was a great job by Allen Robinson at the point of attack.”

After weeks of inconsistent play from their offense, Los Angeles looks to have turned a corner against the Panthers in stunning fashion. Key contributors like Skowronek and Allen Robinson got involved for the first time in what felt like forever and proved that they can still get the job done when their number is called.

Quarterback Matthew Safford started to settle in after throwing a pick-six in the first half of the game, and relied on his top receivers to keep himself in rhythm down the stretch. With Skowronek’s versatility on his side and a cast of excellent playmakers to throw the ball to with regularity, the Rams are set to take on the toughest part of their 2022 schedule with a full head of steam following this important win.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay breaks down Ben Skowronek's rushing touchdown

BerendsenRam96October 17, 2022 09:03AM