Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The coach and the play calling and game plans don't seem to change much week to week.

October 10, 2022 10:54AM
The Coach needs to do a better job of game planning and calling plays. Why are the Rams so slow? Slow on the field, slow running plays, slow to the los, slow out of the huddle always snapping the ball late in the play clock allowing the D the advantage of knowing the ball is going to be snapped and getting off the ball in a hurry and whipping the slow-footed slow moving Oline right off the get go.

The WR screens are being used way too much, the misdirection slow developing running game pulling people is useless. There is nowhere to run most of the time, you can't run when there is zero blocking. The TE screen is okay but it seems to be called too much. Where are the RB screens? Where are the slants, and posts? It seems like a crazy amount of the passing plays are outside the numbers. Robinson should be used on slants, how about a back-shoulder sideline route? Use that big frame? Teams kill the Rams with slants, where are the slants in our O?

Let the oline come off the ball and let the RB pick the hole. Simply make the running game simple...keep it simple and pick up the pace.

The run game is stuffed most of the time because you are asking your line and TE's and at times WR's to reach defenders who are bigger and fast and get off the ball like they know the snap count most of the time.

The Rams really need to try and get out of the huddle faster so that the D can't time the snap count so easily, they can easily jump the snap when the clock is run down to near zero every single play, this is an advantage for the D knowing the ball has to be snapped and they get off the ball like they are shot out of a cannon and the Rams inside RG is too slow to react, the RT also seems to have slowed down this season. The Rams look slow, they play slow, they move slow, everything is so easily stuffed, dline in the backfield all the time, and any pulling Rams get beat to the spot consistently stuffing plays for 4 and 5-yard losses. The two back-to-back stuffs on Cam were just such poor play calls, to begin with, and then so poorly executed slow pulls or reach blocks allow Dallas to hit Cam 4 and 5 yards deep as soon as he gets the ball is just so bad....it's just pathetic.

The Rams look slow, they play slow, and they react slow. Where is the downhill LB play? The LB's sit and read everything and always seem to be on their heels. Zone D is okay right now but the Rams are caught staring at the qb and not looking around for the WR entering their zone. That said the D isn't even close to being the issue right now. They do look like they are thinking too much and not just playing, let them attack a little more Coach and they could really be a handful.

The O is awful, the play calling is not good. The blocking is awful. The QB is locked onto Kupp. Guess what happens when Tutu plays? He caught a deep ball and should have had two with a good throw. I think the Rams would be better off right now changing the running game to be more of a block the player in front of you and let the back choose the hole to run through. Edwards is a turnstile he missed so many blocks last night and by missed I mean a straight up whiff he was beaten like a drum first step whipping over and over it was bad. The Rams might be better off trying to be physical up front right now rather than athletic because they have some size and power what they don't have is guys who are quick and agile and can move well enough to get out and reach blocks...they get roasted there right off the snap they get beaten with that first step, it looks like they are desperate to fall into the defender rather than just coming off the ball and getting into them....I think the Oline is being asked to do something they can't do...they aren't movers, but I do think they would be better off with a simpler come off the ball and drive your guy off the ball type of running game, they aren't good athletes except for maybe Boom, and maybe Jackson who is clearly out of position playing G. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Havs swap spots. Havs got dominated last night and exposed which is gonna happen to a lot of T's against 11, but man when the Cowboys found that they stayed with it and it paid off big time...Imagine that find a matchup that works and stay with it and watch it finish the game for you.

The Rams seem predictable right now and it's a crying shame. The cbs consistently line up off the ball and seem to allow an easy pitch and catch whehn
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If I Can Be Candid ...

Classicalwit644October 10, 2022 07:28AM

Re: If I Can Be Candid ...no, the season is NOT lost

Rampage2K-184October 10, 2022 07:37AM

Rams will be 2-5.....

GlacieRam179October 10, 2022 10:15AM

Classical's "season is doomed" comment propelled us

stlramz152October 10, 2022 11:03AM

Re: Classical's "season is doomed" comment propelled us

Classicalwit80October 10, 2022 01:48PM

Rampage2K-169October 10, 2022 01:50PM

Classicalwit51October 10, 2022 01:54PM

Ramstien45October 11, 2022 04:34AM

stlramz40October 11, 2022 06:12AM

Re: If I Can Be Candid ...no, the season is NOT lost

Ramstien44October 11, 2022 04:31AM

Re: If I Can Be Candid ...

Rams43152October 10, 2022 08:24AM

Rampage2K-132October 10, 2022 08:30AM

Rams4395October 10, 2022 08:35AM

Did you see Henderson brush Parsons..

sstrams119October 10, 2022 08:36AM

GlacieRam178October 10, 2022 10:16AM

BerendsenRam177October 10, 2022 10:19AM

When I hear Boby Evans name

Stafford9136October 10, 2022 02:37PM

Re: When I hear Boby Evans name

Arkansas Ram218October 11, 2022 06:29AM

Arkansas Ram122October 10, 2022 11:35AM

BerendsenRam178October 10, 2022 12:59PM

ramBRO105October 10, 2022 10:27AM

The coach and the play calling and game plans don't seem to change much week to week.

RustyRay125October 10, 2022 10:54AM

Re: The coach and the play calling and game plans don't seem to change much week to week.

Arkansas Ram103October 10, 2022 11:47AM

Re: The coach and the play calling and game plans don't seem to change much week to week.

sfbayram74October 10, 2022 10:58PM

Ramstien38October 11, 2022 04:46AM