Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin chimes in, too…

September 26, 2022 07:23AM
Here’s Merlin…

I think what people are missing with this game is that the machine started to turn correctly. The OL actually stayed on their blocks, even in the run game. The QB was in damn near playoff form. Even the RBs showed well.

My take on RB is that we need Akers to eat the carries. He's the back that gets stronger as he gets into the flow of the game. Not sure if Williams is like that, but that's what we're lacking. So him having a good game is a big deal for us. It's not like the run lanes will be there vs SF of course, but having it there for most opponents is important to not make Stafford try to win every game with his arm.

Hendy looked very good. Early in the game I was thinking oh @#$%& gonna need to kiss his ass because he looks like he's about to have a big game. But that's Hendy. He'll show well for a bit then that'll be that. So back to the guy taking the carries being Akers, I think that is the balance we need. It is the balance we have been lacking. We still have a QB of the quality required to overcome it, but why get to that point unless you need to.

Brown's value is that we have another gameday option if Akers misses time. He gets hurt a lot too because he runs hard, but it's valuable to have him behind Hendy. The RB room right now has the look of maybe it's ready to step up and be dependable for the offense. Which is great timing with SF ahead.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Den has a few thoughts on the Cards game…

Rams43227September 26, 2022 07:19AM

Merlin chimes in, too…

Rams43169September 26, 2022 07:23AM

BonifayRam with a quickie…

Rams43142September 26, 2022 07:31AM

Dang has a quickie of his own…

Rams4398September 26, 2022 07:47AM