Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This needed to be said.

September 11, 2022 07:43AM
LMU93
This team doesn't suck. They came out in the hype of a banner ceremony and laid an egg on Thursday Night. And they did it vs. the consensus best (projected) team in the league. Not the Bears. Not the Jets. Not the Jags.

They were collectively not ready to play. Without question. When Higbee flat-out dropped a pass the 2nd time I knew their heads were just not right. I thought another very telling play was the no look pass from Stafford to Kupp that, instead of hitting him in stride for a 'wow' play, sailed, was tipped and intercepted. Bad timing and execution. But it doesn't mean Stafford sucks.

And that game also doesn't mean:
- the Rams can't draft
- Noteboom should be cut and Whitworth coaxed out of retirement
- Morris can't coach
- the Rams ran a country club camp
- on and on....

It means the came out and played poorly in week one vs. a really, really good Bills team that had a very smart gameplan. That's it. Vegas made the Rams essentially 5.5 point underdogs which raised eyebrows but, well, Vegas typically knows. And also the Rams will be favored to win in 11 or 12 of their next 16 games. And they are going to be favored to win their division and play an opening round playoff game at home. Let's focus on them getting there first and then go from there....

Are the Rams likely to repeat? No. And let's be really clear, they never were. If for no other reason than history says it's rare. Let's see after week 6 or 7 or so where they are. This is my 45th season now as a Rams fan and they've played in 5 Super Bowls winning 2. If #3 doesn't happen this year, well, I'm not going to stomp up and down about it.

But we've seen worse from this team (see November 2021) and seen them rebound in improbably fashion (starting with beating Arizona on MNF with 40% of the team out).

McVay (and Morris) can still coach. Snead still put together a very good team. That didn't all change 3 days ago.

The team has earned a bit of benefit of the doubt after the past 5 years. Let's enjoy this season and not turn on them or make knee-jerk complaints one game into their title defense season.

Nice post and 1000% correct! Well done. One bad game, especially the FIRST game of the year hardly determines how your season will end!

IMO, not playing the starters in preseason is a mistake. I honestly expected us to start the year slow ever since McVay adopted this "preseason strategy" but we always came out strong every year.

This year? Different story. We looked like a "rusty, out of sync" team and a tired team towards the end...NOT a "bad" team. beer cheer smiley

If we can overcome those OL injuries we should be fine. thumbs up smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2022 07:53AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

just a few thoughts after reading things....

LMU93772September 11, 2022 05:39AM

+++1

dodgerram129September 11, 2022 05:56AM

Re: just a few thoughts after reading things....

F.Mulder149September 11, 2022 07:10AM

Thanks for posting this.

alyoshamucci242September 11, 2022 07:19AM

My only serious concern…

max147September 11, 2022 07:36AM

Re: My only serious concern…

mtramfan93September 11, 2022 07:58PM

This needed to be said.

Ramsdude173September 11, 2022 07:43AM

Several things are simultaneously true, I think…

Rams43183September 11, 2022 08:11AM

Re: LMU solid take

leafnose105September 11, 2022 08:19AM

Re: Several things are simultaneously true, I think…

LMU93168September 11, 2022 10:34AM

Re: Several things are simultaneously true, I think…

SoCalRAMatic128September 11, 2022 01:52PM

Also, lets look around at the NFC

BigGame81134September 11, 2022 02:38PM

Re: Also, lets look around at the NFC

dodgerram95September 11, 2022 02:42PM

Re: just a few thoughts after reading things....

george_allen90September 11, 2022 03:49PM

Great post ....let me add a few tidbits

stlramz143September 11, 2022 04:06PM

Starting the 2nd half with a 3 and out really set the tone, didn't it?

NewMexicoRam103September 11, 2022 04:25PM

I feel like you post this every year...

Atlantic Ram267September 11, 2022 11:04PM