Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Watch every route by Allen Robinson vs. Bills: Why didn't he get the ball?

September 10, 2022 12:33PM
I saw several times when he was open after the ball was already out. I saw one (could be more) where he ws wide open on a drag route and... when I looked back the QB was under a pile - sacked.

I saw some quick hitch/buttonhook routes where he was clearly the second or third read and the QB went downfield - found Kupp in traffic yet ahd to throw while being pressured.

The failure here is not with Robinson, or as the reporter so bizarrly suggests, that he is not a good fit. I read that as stiorring the pot - reporters thrive on controversy, and if there isn't ny, they'll cook some up.

Nor is the failure on Stafford, who didn't have that many legitimate choices to throw to AR. If he's your second or third read and you can get more going to your first, that's what you do. Nor can the QB find that other receiver, mix it up, establish a rhythm, throwing from a supine position.

One thing I did see on Thursday night, when AR was split left (and on the tape I saw him get open) and Kupp/Skow were right and Stafford rolled right to buy more time, his back was turned to AR's side of the field.

I see AR doing his assignments, and Stafford doing his - as much as nearly 50% combined sacks and hits plus uncounted hurries will allow. What I didn't see was AR and Kupp running many crossers, or doubling up and overloading a zone, or running other combined route trees in ways that would give any DB fits. Maybe that will come. I remember Bobby Trees running crossers with Kupp and it was pick your poison.

Quick openers - trips right, let AR play outside ala Fitzgerald with the Cardinals, and come underneath whil the other two go sideline and dig. Somebody's opern as soon as the ball gets there - and Warner could play with that kind of anticipation. So can Stafford.

In other words, and I don't know whether this goes to McVay or Coen, the scheme and playcalls needed to beat the Buffalo D weren't there - and AR was reduced to being a isolated pawn on the board - not an integrated power piece against that D.
I saw several times when he was open after the ball was already out. I saw one (could be more) where he ws wide open on a drag route and... when I looked back the QB was under a pile - sacked.

I saw some quick hitch/buttonhook routes where he was clearly the second or third read and the QB went downfield - found Kupp in traffic yet ahd to throw while being pressured.

The failure here is not with Robinson, or as the reporter so bizarrly suggests, that he is not a good fit. I read that as stiorring the pot - reporters thrive on controversy, and if there isn't ny, they'll cook some up.

Nor is the failure on Stafford, who didn't have that many legitimate choices to throw to AR. If he's your second or third read and you can get more going to your first, that's what you do. Nor can the QB find that other receiver, mix it up, establish a rhythm, throwing from a supine position.

One thing I did see on Thursday night, when AR was split left (and on the tape I saw him get open) and Kupp/Skow were right and Stafford rolled right to buy more time, his back was turned to AR's side of the field.

I see AR doing his assignments, and Stafford doing his - as much as nearly 50% combined sacks and hits plus uncounted hurries will allow. What I didn't see was AR and Kupp running many crossers, or doubling up and overloading a zone, or running other combined route trees in ways that would give any DB fits. Maybe that will come. I remember Bobby Trees running crossers with Kupp and it was pick your poison.

Quick openers - trips right, let AR play outside ala Fitzgerald with the Cardinals, and come underneath whil the other two go sideline and dig. Somebody's opern as soon as the ball gets there - and Warner could play with that kind of anticipation. So can Stafford.

In other words, and I don't know whether this goes to McVay or Coen, the scheme and playcalls needed to beat the Buffalo D weren't there - and AR was reduced to being a isolated pawn on the board - not an integrated power piece against that D.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch every route by Allen Robinson vs. Bills: Why didn't he get the ball?

BerendsenRam354September 10, 2022 11:49AM

BerendsenRam110September 10, 2022 11:57AM

He looked open a bunch of times imo..

sstrams104September 10, 2022 12:28PM

Re: He looked open a bunch of times imo..

Classicalwit96September 10, 2022 01:01PM

mtramfan91September 10, 2022 12:33PM

#49 Bills MLBer did good job walling off AR

JimYoungblood53124September 10, 2022 12:51PM

Re: #49 Bills MLBer did good job walling off AR

mtramfan66September 10, 2022 06:25PM

Yes. And if they can do what they did to us all year=tought to beat

JimYoungblood5330September 10, 2022 07:07PM

Ramstien110September 10, 2022 12:59PM

unbelievable

joram77September 10, 2022 03:47PM