Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This Ram starting lineup is not written in stone, even now…

September 08, 2022 05:29AM
Meaning that McVay still has the luxury of going with the ‘hot hands’ at several position groups from series to series and game to game.

RB. Akers, Hendy, and KW are all gonna get snaps this season as McVay tinkers. I like all 3, frankly.

WR. Could be a merry-go-round at WR’s 3-6. We could see sparks from any or all of Jefferson (later), Atwell, Skow, and McCutcheon. Deepest WR corps I can remember.

Edge. Hollins, Lewis, Hardy (later) and maybe some Kier Thomas snaps here and there. This position has still not fully sorted itself out. On field production will dictate snaps as the season unfolds.

CB. Possibly the most fluid position group on the team. Other than Ramsey, opening day starters will be looking over their shoulders probably all season. Long and/or Hill just might get beat out by mid season. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

S. This one is potentially fluid, too. This is Rapp’s final year and he could easily find himself losing snaps to younger players.

My point? Even though this is a SB defending Rams roster and it’s opening day there are many very talented players nipping at the heels of some ‘starters’. There could be 5-6 opening day starters finding themselves beat out before mid season. And that’s not counting the possibility of bringing in an OBJ or a Quinn type player down the road.

Good times to be a Rams fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2022 05:31AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This Ram starting lineup is not written in stone, even now…

Rams43223September 08, 2022 05:29AM

Re: Jourdan on McCutcheon (yesterday)

RamsFanSince69244September 08, 2022 05:44AM

Not simple but not that hard either

Ramsdude179September 08, 2022 06:29AM

He'll be Inactive most of the season, including tonight

BigGame81121September 08, 2022 06:33AM

Re: He'll be Inactive most of the season, including tonight

SoCalRAMatic72September 08, 2022 09:30AM

Re: He'll be Inactive most of the season, including tonight

Shecky60September 08, 2022 09:44AM