Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Kevin O'Connell Changing the Vikings Culture

September 03, 2022 05:04AM
The days of "my way or the highway" have come and gone as a leadership mentality. Zimmer couldn't change with the times.

Sports and business leaders are having to integrate staff/talent into business models, plans and to develop their culture. The old ways of doing things don't work any longer. Whether that's good or bad... I don't know yet. Too many chefs can spoil the soup, potentially.

I think it's easier for these guys, who are younger leaders, to change the cultures of their teams/businesses because the old ways haven't been a huge part of what they have done for 10-20 years. A leader that changes his/her mind and/or alters the path of a sports team/business is no longer viewed as weak, but instead viewed as innovative.

I'm 54 years old and am having to change a lot about how I communicate as a leader within the company that I work for. I'm finding that involving staff even in some of the most basic day-to-day decisions does give them some sense of ownership. Frankly, it's not easy and it doesn't come natural. But, it's a necessity and as I utilize the new skills I am learning, I am seeing an improved moral and increase in productivity. I think this is going to apply to pretty much everything moving forward. In sports, where athletes are far out earning their coaches and managers, athlete input in regard to how things are going to go is unavoidable.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kevin O'Connell Changing the Vikings Culture

RamsFanSince69336September 02, 2022 06:29PM

David Deacon109September 03, 2022 04:20AM

PSJRam82September 03, 2022 05:04AM