Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout PS game 2 ... Texans

August 23, 2022 11:02AM
Robert Rochell. He's putting it all together.

I agree. Might have had a pick for a TD had the other DB not put a finger on the ball.
Not sure about his speed right now, but like it when he keeps the ball in front of him.

FF by Hoecht punching it out (announcers missed who caused it)

Yeah. Thought he and Williams reflect the crew around them. AD, and the coaches make for good football player "growing soil."

Anchrum stabilizes wherever he is.

Surprised at how well he's doing. The others seems to have issues there, but Anchrum was quite steady.

The Bad

Calais made 3 mistakes.
Rose fumbled on 3rd and 1.

Neither make this roster: Won't be surprised if they keep shopping the wire
The larger news looking ahead is how Williams plays. Does he have the right stuff?

I know it was our 2nd team OL, but I expected Wolford to have more time.

THIS ! Is what disturbed us all. I didn't think there would be such consistent siege of the backfield, yet QB2 was bombed out.
I preferred your opening comments about their starting unit versus our inexperienced 2s and 3s. However, we ate dirt. And a lot of it. It will be of keen interest to see notes from the Bengal scrimmage. Moreover, how this last preseason game is planned for and how the offensive position coaches look to improve on what was a miserable showing in the first half.

That said, I was not impressed by Wolford's ability to offset some of the problems. Not stressed about the real games, but it is hard to get an idea of how a possible prospect might make a roster if QB2 spends the night in the arms of another uniform color and on the ground.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS game 2 ... Texans

alyoshamucci544August 23, 2022 10:24AM

20) I'm not really happy about our punting situation. Lots of returns. Not liking it.

BigGame81147August 23, 2022 10:45AM

Thought Dixon Punted Really Well

den-the-coach216August 23, 2022 10:52AM

Re: Thought Dixon Punted Really Well

alyoshamucci271August 23, 2022 11:35AM

Re: Blinkscout PS game 2 ... Texans

leafnose146August 23, 2022 11:02AM

Thank you Alyo for your write-ups

Coy Bacon93August 23, 2022 05:11PM