Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Me too... actually longer...

August 22, 2022 10:50AM
God willing.

Back in the 70's and 80's I had a friend who was also my archenemy.... he was a Viking fan.. need I explain the conflict between us? laughing smiley

He was my brother-in-law, actually. He and my sister divorced back in hmphety humph... hell if I can remember, a long time ago... and he moved away. I've only seen him a few times since then but we have remained friends... my point:

Not long ago he dropped by for a visit... and to my complete shock he has retired from fandom... no longer roots for them, or any team. Well... that befuddled me. Retiring from fandom? I didn't know such a thing existed. I wanted to fight... he didn't give patootie!!! Back then we had gone to war with each other more times than Rainman can count. And now he's just... "I don't care"?

I thought he was just playing 'coy'.. even though the thought of being 'coy' with one's fandom made no more sense to me than retiring from fandom. I tried to drag it out of him, I knew that demonic Viking fan still had to exist in there somewhere.... couldn't do it. He just smiled at every provocative and pejorative line I could come up with. I ended up getting more pissed at him than I did back when he used to gloat over those Viking victories in the 70's.

Retiring from fandom... who ever heard of such a thing? Well... he may have retired but I haven't. Haven't seen him since this last SB victory but when I do.... he may think he's out but I'm going to be that guy that drags him back in.... and if he smiles like the pain of his never having won a SB doesn't bother him then maybe the shovel upside the head I'm going to smack him with will. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Donald plans to play at least through 2023

BerendsenRam234August 22, 2022 10:13AM

Me too... actually longer...

JamesJM174August 22, 2022 10:50AM

Awesome story James!

Ramsdude125August 22, 2022 03:16PM

I don't know how you guys do it....

JamesJM87August 22, 2022 11:08PM

enjoy him while we have him

LMU9373August 25, 2022 03:08AM