Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout PS Game 1 analysis

August 16, 2022 08:51AM
First of the year ...

Been a wild offseason and it ends with one of the best preseason games I've seen. One minor injury (to a suspended player anyway) and like 2-3 penalties? Also the talent levels of the 3rd stringers and the lights out/roster spot clinching game by McCutcheon made it a really enjoyable watch right up to the end with Isom's sealing INT.

The Great

1) Best game in preseason by basically a WR in all my days. His stat line doesn't show the two PIs he drew, his grit on the first downs, or his 2 point conversion ... If Jacob Harris had this game I would be screaming from the rooftops that he'd finally arrived and that he could be the next ______ ... because that was the "high end" expectation. To get this out of mcCutcheon is such a shock that I can't quite get my brain around it yet. That said, you cut Harris if you have to, as this guy will not make the PS. And you err on the side of a guy who fights relentlessly and has really strong hands. I was thinking Harris maybe could be a secondary Robinson ... But McCutcheon DEFINITELY already is. Some might say "it was just one game." ... I get it. But you can't teach grit. You can't teach battling for the ball. It's a mindset.

2) Bryce Perkins. First off, he looks different. His lower body looks much stronger. I liked him in college but questioned his frail legs. Second ... he threw accurate, catchable balls in rhythm. Then we look at his scrambling. That was gutsy while also being pretty safe considering. He didn't look awkward or like he was going to take a bad hit.

3) Jake Funk. He looks strong, confident in his knees, and fast.

same with

4) AJ (Asim) Rose ... I like our backs. I figure AJ goes to the PS with so many teams flush with talented RBs ... but Im happy for our teams given who our 3 and 5 backs are. Second effort on the TD was awesome to see.

The Good

5) I thought Rochell played well ...

6) Kendrick isn't in the great because it should have been a pick 6.

7) Who is Whitley?

8) Is Thomas Jr. (96) Keir Thomas?

9) I thought Hardy had a decent game, but not great.

10) BB3 looked solid before his exit.

11) Koski, Trammell, and Akers all seem serviceable in a pinch.

12) I know Hopkins only really had one catch but it was a tough contested catch and he looked confident ...

13) Hummel was flying around, even if he's obviously still learning.

The Bad

14) Was it Burgess who blew the coverage on Reed? Seemed like Rochell was supposed to play intermediate.

15) Calais just isn't powerful enough through contact.

16) I remember Ragas having more juice.

17) We don't have a 4th TE.

18) I wasn't super happy with the O line play overall, especially seeing Bruss on his back for that sack.

19) Thought there were a few badly missed tackles. LBs and DBs alike.

Overall it was one of the better preseason games I've watched.

Questions and comments welcome, as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS Game 1 analysis

alyoshamucci460August 16, 2022 08:51AM

Re: Blinkscout PS Game 1 analysis

BC Ramsfan217August 16, 2022 09:08AM

BerendsenRam220August 16, 2022 09:11AM

CROMWELL21205August 16, 2022 09:43AM

Rampage2K-162August 16, 2022 11:52AM

I forgot to mention