Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rams-Chargers: Instant reaction podcast

August 14, 2022 06:57AM
A lot of these "problems" like having too much talent at one position usually work their ways out organically. Last year we had Cupp and Woods and still signed OBJ. Too much talent? Right? Wrong. Woods tears up his knee. OBJ stepped in and starred. We get to the SB and OBJ tears up his knee. SKOW filled in. Hopkins caught passes as a TE and Cupp went to another level and we won it all. This year we have CK and AR. Maybe best 1,2 in the league. VJ is a terrific 3, but right now he's dealing with a knee. So Tutu has emerged as a 3 or 4. Show is a 3 or 4. Harris is out. Powell is back and looks improved as a returner who can make plays as a WR. McCutcheon just had a super night. I thought Trammel and Koski both played well too. We could always trade from this great depth. We could try to stash guys on the PS.
But, it is a week to week thing. So far, crossing my fingers, CK, AR, Tutu, SKOW are all healthy. Powell is set on ST. That would be enough. VJ might be back for the opener. He goes to 3 and everyone else move down a rung. That is actually enough. But Harris has mad skills, McCutcheon looks like a diamond in the rough.
I want them both on the Rams. I really would like to see us re-sign OBJ, because if he's back as our 2 and AR becomes our 3 and VJ is our 4 and Tutu is our 5, how does a team cover them all? Can't predict health so I can't worry about it. And it is a very nice problem to have. I remember before McSnead that we didn't really have two good WRs and we were scouring other teams' rosters hoping to grab some talent. We were starting a guy with no knees. Now, we worry about keeping them all or signing All Pros. Smile.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams-Chargers: Instant reaction podcast

BerendsenRam311August 14, 2022 12:34AM

SoCalRAMatic156August 14, 2022 06:57AM

BerendsenRam98August 14, 2022 09:35AM

Let’s don’t overthink this…

Rams43227August 14, 2022 07:08AM

Re: Let’s don’t overthink this…

max171August 14, 2022 07:14AM

Re: Let’s don’t overthink this…