Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bubble watch: 8 Rams players who must stand out vs. Chargers

August 12, 2022 04:45PM
BerendsenRam
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Bubble watch: 8 Rams players who must stand out vs. Chargers

Cameron DaSilva
August 12, 2022 10:03 am PT
NT Bobby Brown III
Brown was already on the bubble, but his six-game suspension makes his chances of earning a roster spot even slimmer. He didn’t generate any buzz during training camp and is now listed as the third-string nose tackle behind Greg Gaines and Jonah Williams.

Behind the starting defensive line, it’s a wide-open competition for roster spots between Brown, Earnest Brown IV, Williams, Marquise Copeland, Michael Hoecht and Elijah Garcia. Brown can’t play in the first six regular-season games, but he is eligible for the preseason – which he needs to treat like postseason games.

this one is starting to bother me. i love gaines and i know we can count on him but everybody needs a backup.

i just don't see j williams, eb4, copeland, hoecht or garcia as nt guys. maybe hoecht? or garcia but haven't heard much of anything about him during camp. idk.

i thought bb3 would be the guy but he has clearly disappointed. think we have to move on from him as far as this year is concerned.
i think we have a problem at BACKUP nt (NOT starting nt).

i actually think a'shawn robinson is much better suited to fill in at nt {donald can obviously do it too} if gaines needs reinforcements than anyone else on the roster.

but that would bring us to who backs up robinson at the end as a starter if ar has to fill in for gaines at nt?

does anyone see someone on the roster that looks like a capable rest-of-season-starter behind ar at end?

i don't. but i'm open to discussion/debate.....

i do think carl nassib would free up ar to take up gaines's role at nt and be the starting caliber outside dl we would need.

yes. i'm pounding the table carl nassib yet again. i'm sure you're sick of reading me say so ~ but ~

if all goes well, and gaines and ar stay the course and we can live with a sub par back up to gaines, with nassib we would get a high quality backup to both donald and ar.

not bad.

what is give me what is carl nassib for vet minimum alex . . .
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bubble watch: 8 Rams players who must stand out vs. Chargers

BerendsenRam387August 12, 2022 09:01AM

Article: L.A. Ram roster bubble: Last 4 in, Last 4 out ahead of first preseason game vs. Chargers

BerendsenRam188August 12, 2022 09:59AM

george_allen135August 12, 2022 04:45PM

Killrazor206August 12, 2022 11:40PM

george_allen103August 13, 2022 02:53PM

Killrazor96August 13, 2022 11:20PM

BerendsenRam76August 14, 2022 09:45AM