Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooper Kupp respectfully disagrees with Justin Jefferson ranking himself the better WR…

August 04, 2022 07:27AM
Cooper Kupp respectfully disagrees with Justin Jefferson ranking himself as the better WR

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Cameron DaSilva

Cooper Kupp went from being a really good receiver to being one of the best in football last season after leading the league in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches. Yet, even after his historic season, some aren’t crowning him as WR1.

Justin Jefferson, for instance, recently put himself ahead of Kupp. “Coop is good, but I’ll say he’s behind me,” he said.

Kupp was asked about Jefferson’s opinion Wednesday and he was glad to see the Vikings wide receiver feel confident in himself, understanding why Jefferson said what he did.

“I would hope he would say that. I think that’s the beauty of this game. I think it speaks to the competitiveness of this league. If you’re not putting yourself as the best and you’re not working to be the best, then I’d be concerned about stepping on the field with you if you don’t feel like you’ve prepared to be the best player that you can be.”

But Kupp also disagrees with Jefferson’s assessment, respectfully.

“I respect his opinion and I can also respectfully disagree,” he said with a smile.

There’s no question Jefferson is one of the best receivers in the league today, posting 3,016 yards and scoring 17 touchdowns in his first two seasons. Kupp had the edge last season during his record-setting campaign, but we might see them rank as No. 1 and 2 in yardage this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cooper Kupp respectfully disagrees with Justin Jefferson ranking himself the better WR…

Rams43296August 04, 2022 07:27AM

Re: Cooper Kupp respectfully disagrees with Justin Jefferson ranking himself the better WR…

Old Goat147August 04, 2022 07:55AM

If he's so good...

Paco70206August 04, 2022 08:10AM

Re: If he's so good...

Rams43296August 04, 2022 08:25AM

Re: If he's so good...

SoCalRAMatic105August 04, 2022 05:05PM

Re: Cooper Kupp respectfully disagrees with Justin Jefferson ranking himself the better WR…

Ramstien92August 05, 2022 04:00AM