Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams have 'a long way to go' before deciding who will start at RG

July 29, 2022 09:48AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Rams have 'a long way to go' before deciding who will start at RG

Cameron DaSilva
July 29, 2022 11:36 am PT

Loading your audio article

As the Rams progress through training camp, one key position battle to watch is at right guard. Austin Corbett signed with the Panthers in free agency, leaving a sizable hole on the right side of the Rams’ offensive line.

They made two moves to help fill that void, signing Coleman Shelton to an extension and drafting Logan Bruss in the third round. So far, it’s those two players vying to replace Corbett, getting the first crack at the starting right guard spot in camp.

Sean McVay says the team is still far from making a decision on a starter and will need more time to evaluate both guys.

“Oh, well, he’s got to continue to progress,” McVay said of Bruss on Wednesday. “Right now, there’s a lot of guys that are doing some really good things. I’ve talked about Coleman Shelton who’s really played at a high level. I’ve been really encouraged with Logan, but we got a long way to go until we have to make those types of decisions.”

When the pads come on Friday and the competition heats up, McVay and offensive line coach Kevin Carberry will get a better look at the group of players up front. They’ll be tested against guys like Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines and A’Shawn Robinson, too, which will only benefit everyone.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams have 'a long way to go' before deciding who will start at RG

BerendsenRam409July 29, 2022 09:48AM

Bruss has one big advantage here

merlin266July 29, 2022 01:15PM

Re: Bruss has one big advantage here

Leoram163July 31, 2022 02:52AM

I'd keep Shelton at Center

merlin119July 31, 2022 01:11PM

Re: I'd keep Shelton at Center

BerendsenRam100August 02, 2022 12:33AM

plus....