Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible that Atwell’s success will determine OBJ’s Rams fate?

July 29, 2022 07:04AM
I can hardly believe I’m typing this but there have been so many positives reported on Atwell that maybe he is legit.

So I’m gonna pose a ‘what if’…

IF he proves to be a weapon this year schemed by McVay then that’s the best of all possible worlds for the Rams in terms of timing (available from September on), threat to stress opposing D, and cap cost.

If Atwell really proves himself beyond doubt then OBJ then becomes unnecessary, don’t you think? The standard here for really proving himself is that he could claim that #3 WR position, or at least share it with Jefferson in some kind of a McVay designed rotation. IOW, a modest #4 WR performance won’t do the trick of making OBJ unnecessary. Those cap dollars can go elsewhere or maybe be rolled over for next year.

Maybe Rams have been dragging their feet on an OBJ signing because of optimism about Atwell and have adopted a wait-and-see strategy?

Just spitballing here, but it is somewhat logical IF they are genuinely impressed with Atwell at this point.

We’ll be getting some great feedback on Atwell from beat reporters and numerous camp reporters plus the preseason games, that’s for sure. I know we’re all pulling for him but it always comes down to on-field production.

Is Atwell gonna be another Ram Cinderella story or just a tease? Stay tuned.

What do y’all think?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is it possible that Atwell’s success will determine OBJ’s Rams fate?

Rams43283July 29, 2022 07:04AM

Atwell's highest potential impact is < Odell when he's healthy

merlin157July 29, 2022 08:09AM

well, Tutu or ...

RFL223July 29, 2022 11:24AM

uh Atwell and Harris were both injured last year

ferragamo79154July 29, 2022 11:58AM

Re: uh Atwell and Harris were both injured last year

Ramstien211July 29, 2022 01:02PM

Re: well, Tutu or ...

george_allen108July 29, 2022 04:15PM

agree...