Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

July 29, 2022 05:55AM
SoCalRAMatic
Nice list. Well thought out.

1. Cam Akers is truly back.
While Cam Akers' return at the end of last year was one of the great stories of the Rams' title run, I think its fair to say that the Cam we saw last year was not the same Cam who ran for 221 yards on 46 carries (plus 51 yards receiving) in two playoff games in 2020. Cam has now had a full offseason to continue to get back to 100%, so perhaps he can pick up where he left off before the injury. If he can (and gets some support from Darrell Henderson and Kyren Williams), the Rams run game, which was pretty much a non-factor after the Wild Card round, could become a strength that makes defending against the Rams that much more difficult.

I wasn't nearly as impressed with this guy as everyone else. Sure, if he could become an All Pro back, that'd be awesome. But, where has he shown all this talent? I remember Lawrence McCutcheon, Wendell Tyler, Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Stephan Jackson and Todd Gurley. They were all incredible from snap one. I am still waiting on Akers. I still think we need a number one back and getting the guy from the Browns makes complete sense to me.

5. There's a diamond-in-the-rough at CB.
What if... among the young CBs vying for a spot, there is a future Pro Bowl player? The competition between Robert Rochell, Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick should be intense and intriguing. If one of them emerges as a true bookend for Jalen Ramsey, the Rams D can go to another level.

We have tons of talent in the secondary. I think this happens too. We also have Hill, Burgess and Long.

on point one you are correct with the Ram's great running backs you knew they were special the second they put on the horns if not before so we shall see on Akers

as far as point 5 they don't even need to be a true diamond, maybe a synthetic diamond might suffice. Something akin to a Dana Stubblefield that seems like a real diamond (DPOY) until he was separated from the true force multiplier Bryant Young. All we need are corners that can look like pro-bowlers when paired with the Jalen Ramsey/Aaron Donald/Bobby Wagner effect, not true elite corners that can shine regardless of situation. This might be a much less daunting task for McSnead. Stubblefields are easier to find than Bryant Youngs are.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

Rams43295July 28, 2022 04:24PM

Excellent

joram150July 28, 2022 05:12PM

Re: AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

SoCalRAMatic162July 28, 2022 06:35PM

RamsDynasty172July 29, 2022 05:55AM