Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

July 28, 2022 06:35PM
Nice list. Well thought out.

1. Cam Akers is truly back.
While Cam Akers' return at the end of last year was one of the great stories of the Rams' title run, I think its fair to say that the Cam we saw last year was not the same Cam who ran for 221 yards on 46 carries (plus 51 yards receiving) in two playoff games in 2020. Cam has now had a full offseason to continue to get back to 100%, so perhaps he can pick up where he left off before the injury. If he can (and gets some support from Darrell Henderson and Kyren Williams), the Rams run game, which was pretty much a non-factor after the Wild Card round, could become a strength that makes defending against the Rams that much more difficult.

I wasn't nearly as impressed with this guy as everyone else. Sure, if he could become an All Pro back, that'd be awesome. But, where has he shown all this talent? I remember Lawrence McCutcheon, Wendell Tyler, Eric Dickerson, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Stephan Jackson and Todd Gurley. They were all incredible from snap one. I am still waiting on Akers. I still think we need a number one back and getting the guy from the Browns makes complete sense to me.

2. OBJ returns and is still himself.
If the Rams enter the playoffs with a healthy WR corps of Cooper Kupp, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham, Jr. and Van Jefferson, Matthew Stafford will be a kid in a candy store. There is not a DB corps in the NFL that can handle that much talent.

I would love to see a healthy OBJ joining out WR squad. With CK, AR, VJ, Tutu, SKOW and Harris we would have size and speed everywhere. Also hoping Higbee is all the way back.

3. An edge rusher emerges.
Plan A, it would seem, is to hope that Terrell Lewis, Chris Garrett, Daniel Hardy, or some combination of those players, emerges to provide a consistent pass rush threat behind Aaron Donald and opposite Leonard Floyd. Plan B could be to find another Von Miller-like midseason addition (Robert Quinn, maybe?). If either plan works, opposing QBs will be in trouble.

I am actually pretty confident that we are good here. Hollins is a good run stopper and the other 3 guys can rush. Mix and match.

4. The Run D becomes impenetrable.
The addition of Bobby Wagner, development of Ernest Jones, and late season play of Greg Gaines and A'Shawn Robinson are all factors that make me think that the Rams could have a top 3 run defense. As great as the top opposing QBs may be, if you take away their running game entirely, they're all beatable.

I think we are good here. GG, AD and Big ARob are beasts inside. Wags and EJ are big tacklers.
Floyd is a terrific tackler. Our secondary has guys who can and like to hit. Especially Rapp and Scott. We have Fuller and Ramsey too. Yikes!

5. There's a diamond-in-the-rough at CB.
What if... among the young CBs vying for a spot, there is a future Pro Bowl player? The competition between Robert Rochell, Cobie Durant and Derion Kendrick should be intense and intriguing. If one of them emerges as a true bookend for Jalen Ramsey, the Rams D can go to another level.

We have tons of talent in the secondary. I think this happens too. We also have Hill, Burgess and Long.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

Rams43295July 28, 2022 04:24PM

Excellent

joram150July 28, 2022 05:12PM

Re: AvengerRam states 5 things that can make Rams unstoppable (Other than health)

SoCalRAMatic161July 28, 2022 06:35PM

RamsDynasty172July 29, 2022 05:55AM