Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 5 players I'm eager to learn about this summer

July 25, 2022 06:15PM
nice list LMU.

I'm going to go with :

1. Stafford. may seem stupid. but Goff made a nice step forward early in his career from year 1 to year 2 under McVay. Stafford is older, wiser, smarter and better. i think Stafford may have less of an o line going into year 2 than Goff's year 2 under McVay. but i think this coming vintage of Kupp plus AR2, a matured and healthy Higbee, even Van Jefferson, Skowronek, Blankton & Hopkins gives Stafford a better receiving corp than what Goff had. but Goff had Gurley. which leads me to my:

2. Akers. McVay must have a running game. can Akers be rb we need? will he be healthy? can he stay healthy? I loved what i saw of him in college. i also loved what i saw of Henderson in college. i loved what i saw of Kyren Williams in college (didn't see Funk). We have to have a running game.

3. Allen Robinson II. is he all we expect him to be? i expect a lot from him. 50-50 balls, bully ball, fades in the endzone whatever.
playing across from Kupp will obvious help. playing with Stafford will obviously help. Higbee will help. i'm looking forward to AR2 this season.

4. L Floyd. can he stand alone as the premiere edge rusher? no von miller across from him? does hollins, lewis or garret have enough to back him up? i really like what we have in the middle with wagner and e jones, but, do we have enough on the edge to apply the pressure?

5. Bruss. when will he become the answer at guard? i do not expect him on day 1 but the sooner the better. the sooner we can free up shelton as the backup center the better.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 players I'm eager to learn about this summer

LMU93361July 25, 2022 06:07AM

george_allen171July 25, 2022 06:15PM

SoCalRAMatic149July 25, 2022 08:52PM

merlin95July 26, 2022 12:06AM

SoCalRAMatic46July 26, 2022 04:18AM