These 4 UDFAs have the best chance at making the Rams roster

July 09, 2022 09:53AM
[www.turfshowtimes.com] RAMS ROSTER OVERVIEW
Snead has a knack for finding overlooked talent

By Steven Ridings Jul 9, 2022, 12:34pm CDT

Super Bowl Champion LA Rams hold mini-camp
Photo by David Crane/MediaNews Group/Los Angeles Daily News via Getty Images
Over the last decade as the General Manager of the Los Angeles Rams, Les Snead has had a propensity of finding late round gems in the draft along with contributors in the undrafted free agent pool. UDFAs that have emerged during that time span include:

2021 - Bryce Perkins (Qcool smiley, Alaric Jackson (OT)
2020 - Xavier Jones (Rcool smiley, Trishton Jackson (WR), Eric Banks (iDL)
2019 - Nsimba Webster (WR), Troy Reeder (ILcool smiley, Natrez Patrick (EDGE)
2018 - N/A
2017 - Justin Davis (Rcool smiley
2016 - Nelson Spruce (WR), Morgan Fox (DL), Cory Littleton (ILcool smiley
2015 - Malcolm Brown (Rcool smiley, Bradley Marquez (WR)
2014 - Ethan Westbrooks (iDL)
2013 - Benny Cunningham (Rcool smiley, Ray-Ray Armstrong (Lcool smiley, Daren Bates (Lcool smiley, Cody Davis (S)
2012 - Cory Harkey (TE), Rodney McLeod (S), Johnny Hekker (P)
Super Bowl LVI - Los Angele Rams v Cincinnati Bengals
Photo by Focus on Sport/Getty Images
After the 2022 NFL Draft, L.A. came to an agreement with 17 (now 16) undrafted free agents. Those names are listed below. Will any of these faces make the final 53-man roster? Is there a potential steal (i.e. McLeod), or even a future starter (Littleton)? Below I will list a few players and their odds at making the team in 2022.

WR - Lance McCutcheon, Montana State

TE - Jamal Pettigrew, McNeese State

TE - Roger Carter, Georgia State

OG - Jack Snyder, San Jose State

iDL - Elijah Garcia, Rice

ILB - Jake Hummel, Iowa State

EDGE - Brayden Thomas, North Dakota State

EDGE - Benton Whitley, Holy Cross

EDGE - Andrzej Hughes-Murray, Oregon State

EDGE - Keir Thomas, Florida State

CB - TJ Carter, TCU

CB - Caesar Dancy-Williams, Wisconsin

CB - Duron Lowe, Liberty

S - Jairon McVea, Baylor

S - Dan Isom, Washington St

K/P - Cameron Dicker, Texas

Jake Hummel, ILB
At first glance, with Bobby Wagner, Ernest Jones, and Travin Howard signed - the Rams will be hesitant to keep a fourth ILB. But I believe this could come down to special teams ability, where Hummel has been a standout at Iowa State.
53 Man Roster Chance: 20%
With THoward only staying for one more year, Los Angeles might consider this a future type move similar to Bryce Perkins in 2021.
Jack Snyder, OG
PFF graded out last year in college at 90.9 and possesses versatility (tackle and guard) that the Rams covet. His assets also fit the mold with his ability to move well which translates to the zone-blocking scheme the Rams run. His average strength won’t scare LA since they don’t prioritize that trait. With that being said, an NFL training camp could do wonders.
53 Man Roster Chance: 65%
In order to make it, Snyder will have to leapfrog a few guys, Bobby Evans and Chandler Brewer to be particular. Bobby Evans enters year 4 having little on his resume, and would save the Rams close to $1 million in cap savings.
Roger Carter, TE
Rumors have always been tossed around that McVay has been looking for his version of the 49ers - Kyle Juszczyk. Roger Carter has the type of pass catching ability that could get him onto the roster, while also providing an H-Back type role.
53 Man Roster Chance: 55%
Brycen Hopkins seems locked as the No. 2 TE behind Higbee, but Blanton might not be a guarantee despite some glimpses of action in 2021. Carter could sneak ahead if he can provide more versatility. Cutting Blanton would also save $200,000 (difference of swapping Blanton out). Another small financial saving move.
K/P - Cameron Dicker
Dicker’s addition to the roster is unique; having punter and kicker ability. His competition for 2022 is Riley Dixon at the punter position, which will be closely monitored in camp.
53 Man Roster Chance: 30%
I think Dixon will get the first crack at the job, with Dicker landing on the practice squad.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam409July 09, 2022 09:53AM

I like Jack Snyder

den-the-coach253July 09, 2022 10:07AM

Re: I like Jack Snyder

BerendsenRam140July 09, 2022 12:54PM