Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: OBJ should sit out entire 2022 season says medical expert…

June 18, 2022 05:43AM
A few comments ...

That article was written less than a month after OBJ's surgery, well before much of anything was known about his rehab.

The doctor being interviewed wasn't the doctor who performed his surgery, and I doubt if he has access to any of the specifics about OBJ's case. I get what he's saying in general terms, but every patient is different.

The results of OBJ's first ACL surgery have come under question. From this article: [www.wkyc.com] : Rapoport noted on the show that an MRI done to the repaired knee by the Rams team doctors before signing Beckham revealed "troubling" results.

... as opposed to the second surgery (from that same article): After he re-tore his ACL in the Super Bowl, Rams team doctors performed a much more successful surgery that Rapoport says is likely to extend the receiver's career.

So here's my thought FWIW: do the rehab, and if you get back to 100% and are cleared to play this year then play. And if you can't make it back this year then go out and have a helluva 2023 season. But make that decision in November (or December or January), not in March.

AlbaNY_Ram

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2022 05:59AM by AlbaNY_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OBJ should sit out entire 2022 season says medical expert…

Rams43280June 18, 2022 04:58AM

Re: OBJ should sit out entire 2022 season says medical expert…

AlbaNY_Ram159June 18, 2022 05:43AM