Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Since the 1979 Playoffs, I OFTEN thought of my missed opportunity....

June 15, 2022 03:28AM
To see the Title game. I was invited the day after we beat Dallas because my neighbor's Aunt decided she did not wanna go to the game. The DAY BEFORE, she changed her mind. The next closest I came was Super Bowl 34. Could have had a ticket for $800 but I turned it down. That actually did not bother me because getting there and back would have been a NIIIIIGHTMARE! The Northern half of Georgia, from Macon up, was under BAD ice conditions. Atlanta is a ROYAL PITA to drive in in prime conditions! But anyway........I was in Raymond James a solid hour before kickoff. I spent a LOT of time reflecting on my years as a fan....Missing 1979 Title......Dad taking me to my first Rams game in person, IN TAMPA, in 1984.....All the big Playoff wins and heartbreaks etc etc etc.....and BAM!! There I was AT A RAMS PLAYOFF?? In many ways, it reminded me of 1979. The Super Bowl was HUGE but for some reason, I am maybe more fond of the Divisional at Dallas. Kupp's catch at the end was aaaaaaaaalmost as cool as Waddy's. Yeah...VERY special day for me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Found myself watching Divisional in Tampa....AAAAAGAIN!

Ramgator329June 14, 2022 05:03PM

Re: Found myself watching Divisional in Tampa....AAAAAGAIN!

Ramkind133June 14, 2022 07:17PM

Re: Found myself watching Divisional in Tampa....AAAAAGAIN!

BerendsenRam214June 14, 2022 07:20PM

Since the 1979 Playoffs, I OFTEN thought of my missed opportunity....

Ramgator241June 15, 2022 03:28AM