Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ernest Jones was all for Rams signing Bobby Wagner, has loved learning from him

June 13, 2022 10:38AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Ernest Jones was all for Rams signing Bobby Wagner, has loved learning from him

Cameron DaSilva
June 13, 2022 11:50 am PT

Not every player may have been thrilled about their team signing a future Hall of Famer at the same position. That’s what the Los Angeles Rams did at linebacker this offseason when they brought aboard Bobby Wagner in free agency.

Wagner joins Ernest Jones at a position that’s suddenly a little bit crowded at the top of the depth chart, but the second-year linebacker has no reservations about Wagner joining the Rams. In fact, he was all for the move, knowing how much Wagner will help Los Angeles contend for another Super Bowl ring in 2022.

“When he came for the visit (pre-signing), I got a call, and I was like: ‘Let’s get him. Let’s do what we gotta do and get him here to help us win it again,’” Jones said, via The Athletic.

Wagner has spoken highly of Jones throughout the offseason, but Jones is returning the favor. He’s been impressed with Wagner in their brief time together already this spring, working closely with him both on the field and in meeting rooms.

Jones has loved learning from the veteran linebacker, calling it the highlight of his career so far.

“Him being in the room every day and just watching him, it’s been amazing. It’s been the highlight of my career so far,” Jones added. “(I’m) learning from someone who has done everything that I aspire to do: Pro Bowls, All-Pros, Super Bowls. He’s everything that I want to (be) and more.”

The Rams have traditionally been a single-backer defense under Sean McVay, but that’ll change this year with Wagner and Jones in the mix. McVay and Raheem Morris are already hard at work conjuring up ways to utilize both of them together.

Fortunately, they’re versatile linebackers who can blitz, cover and stop the run, so finding a role for them shouldn’t be too big of a challenge.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ernest Jones was all for Rams signing Bobby Wagner, has loved learning from him

BerendsenRam298June 13, 2022 10:38AM

Rams should be an elite run defense this year

merlin244June 13, 2022 10:58AM

Article: Ernest Jones thinks playing with Bobby Wagner will take his game to the next level

BerendsenRam120June 13, 2022 12:31PM

Re: Article: Ernest Jones thinks playing with Bobby Wagner will take his game to the next level

Ramstien134June 13, 2022 01:15PM

very similar article by Jourdon in today's Athletic

21Dog134June 13, 2022 01:29PM

Re: very similar article by Jourdon in today's Athletic

Rams4398June 13, 2022 01:44PM