Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Sean McVay loved that Odell Beckham Jr. crashed his wedding

June 07, 2022 08:52AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay loved that Odell Beckham Jr. crashed his wedding

Cameron DaSilva
June 7, 2022 5:38 am PT

Sean McVay has often talked about the great relationship he has with Odell Beckham Jr. He and Beckham had a connection even before linking up together with the Rams last year, and it only got better the more they spent time together during the Super Bowl run.

Beckham remains a free agent and there’s been plenty of public flirtation from both he and the Rams about a reunion in 2022, but no deal has come to fruition yet. Maybe the catalyst they needed was Beckham crashing McVay’s wedding over the weekend.

During an I Am Athlete interview, McVay revealed that little detail about his spectacular celebration on Saturday night. He loved the fact that Beckham showed up to the party, and Beckham even received a compliment from McVay’s mom.

“Odell and I had a great relationship. I mean, I love Odell and so only in Odell’s fashion could he be the wedding crasher at our wedding,” he said. “So O showed up, crashed the wedding and I loved it that he was still there. Even my mom, she said, ‘Aw, he’s so nice. And gosh, he is handsome in person.’”

Of course, McVay had one stipulation for Beckham after crashing his wedding.

“I said, ‘You crashed my wedding, you re-sign with the Rams then, man.’ That’s a given right there,” McVay said.

McVay also said that the Rams’ team doctor who did Beckham’s surgery was at the wedding, and when he saw Beckham “lookin smooth on the dance floor,” he had to step in.

“He said, ‘Odell, take it easy, man. Let’s slow down,” McVay said.

It wasn’t easy for McVay to whittle down his guest list for the wedding, having developed relationships with so many players over the years as a coach. He decided to only invite the captains from last year’s Rams team, as well as some other retired players that he’s still friends with.

That resulted in guys like Aaron Donald, Matthew Stafford, Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth and Connor Barwin getting invites. But it sounds like McVay wouldn’t have been mad about any of his former players joining the fun.

“One of the hardest things is, you’ve got a bunch of great relationships with so many players that have been such a big part of my life, so probably the most stressful thing about this wedding was figuring out, all right, how do you get the guest list right where you don’t have any sort of interruptions or, you know, anybody having their feelings hurt unnecessarily because you got good relationships with guys,” said McVay. “So I just invited the captains from last year’s team and then there was a couple other guys that are retired players that you still have great relationships with.”

Based on Peter Schrager’s retelling of the night, it sounds like the wedding was quite the party in L.A.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Sean McVay loved that Odell Beckham Jr. crashed his wedding

BerendsenRam312June 07, 2022 08:52AM

What a GREAT culture we have now

Ramsdude278June 07, 2022 09:15AM

Re: What a GREAT culture we have now

BerendsenRam144June 07, 2022 09:22AM

Re: What a GREAT culture we have now

Islander Ram134June 07, 2022 05:04PM

It is something to behold.

RockRam301June 08, 2022 02:05AM

Re: It is something to behold.