Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cooper Kupp uncertain if Aaron Donald will return for 2022 season

June 03, 2022 12:23PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Cooper Kupp uncertain if Aaron Donald will return for 2022 season

Skyler Carlin
June 3, 2022 12:05 pm PT

“Aaron Donald Watch” is in full effect for the Los Angeles Rams this offseason as the All-Pro defensive tackle remains undecided on continuing his career in the NFL. Amid conversations between Donald and the organization, Cooper Kupp appeared on ESPN’s “First Take” to speak about Donald’s potential return to the Rams in 2022.

“Yeah, I’m not sure what those odds are or what the likelihood is (of Donald returning). But I’ve been in contact with him and we can clear up that I obviously don’t need to tell him that I want him back,” Kupp said. “I don’t need to tell him, ‘Hey, it would help us a ton, help me a ton, and it would be great for us if the best defensive player maybe in history came and played again this season.’ So he doesn’t need to hear that. He’s got his career, he’s got his family, he’s got stuff that he needs to take care of, and make a decision for himself. I would obviously love to have him back and being able to play with him has been an incredible honor.”

Late last month, Donald provided an update on his situation, stating that he’s “fine” either way, whether he resumes playing with the Rams or retires from the NFL. Donald made it clear that if he does elect to continue his playing career, it would have to be for the right price.

Not long after those comments from Donald were made, Sean McVay iterated that he believes contract talks with the three-time Defensive Player of the Year were “trending in the right direction.” Donald has been absent from the voluntary workouts during OTAs, but McVay seemed somewhat confident that Donald will be present at mandatory minicamp next week.

As Kupp stated in his segment on “First Take,” he and other members of the Rams don’t need to constantly advise Donald that they’d love to have him back this season. With more involuntary offseason events taking place soon, it appears we’ll get a clearer update on Donald sooner rather than later.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cooper Kupp uncertain if Aaron Donald will return for 2022 season

BerendsenRam342June 03, 2022 12:23PM

Article:Cooper Kupp hopes Odell Beckham returns to the Rams

BerendsenRam87June 04, 2022 09:11AM